PDA

View Full Version : MoveOn demonstrates the intelligence of the left.

Broken Glass Can
06-09-2005, 04:43 PM
They must take after John Kerry:

MoveOn protest of the year (http://www.lansingcitypulse.com/050608/stories/rogers.asp)

whiskeytown
06-09-2005, 05:02 PM
I know MoveOn.org and Howard Dean are doing the right things by all the rabid attacks coming from the Right. If they were shooting themselves in the foot, the Right would just go let them.

as it stands, Republicans are afraid the whole country is gonna stand up and stop being civil and peg them as the goddamn liars they are.

People voicing their opinion in a grassroots organization? - How Terrible. Shame, MoveOn.org, shame...

/proud member of moveon.org
//signed the petition demanding an answer to the Dowling St. Memo

RB

Broken Glass Can
06-09-2005, 05:11 PM
I truly hope that Dean continues to be the voice of the Democrat Party, and that MoveOn does more of these protests.

cardcounter0
06-09-2005, 05:11 PM
much like the complaints lodged against Dean lately. Seems he said bad things about republicans. According to republicans, the way for democrats to increase their power is to be nice to republicans. If republicans ran a football team, they would spend most of their time trying to tell the coach of the other team what plays he should run.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

whiskeytown
06-09-2005, 05:14 PM
I'm gonna save this quote for the 2006 midterms - I'm bookmarking it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

MMMMMM
06-09-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
much like the complaints lodged against Dean lately. Seems he said bad things about republicans. According to republicans, the way for democrats to increase their power is to be nice to republicans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never mind saying nice things about them: how about just *not* saying stupid things about them?

Think Dean could manage that?

whiskeytown
06-09-2005, 08:50 PM
if someone's pissing your leg and calling it rain, it's probably not right either calling them a weatherman. - [censored] is more like it -

why not call the Republicans for what they are - a party of the privliged propped up by a group with a social agenda that would limit the rights of everyone that doesn't believe in their God.

RB

Dynasty
06-09-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

why not call the Republicans for what they are - a party of the privliged propped up by a group with a social agenda that would limit the rights of everyone that doesn't believe in their God.

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition to not being true, saying these things will make it much more difficult for the Democratic Party to build a majority. I expect it would radicalize their image more.

MMMMMM
06-09-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dean said "they all look the same"? That is a rather stupid thing for him to say, isn't it?

As for being the "party of the privileged": well, let's see...the U.S. population is about half Republicans and half Democrats, right? (if we can ignore for the moment the few percent in other parties or Independents) So does that mean that half the country is "privileged"? Or is it even more than half, since a lot of rich Democrats are privileged as well? And if it's more than half, then how are we defining "privilege"?

Also, I am sure you are painting Republicans with too broad a brush with your comments on their belief in God, etc.

As for limiting civil rights: both Republicans AND Democrats fail horribly on this matter.

Kerry (and some other Dems) are some of the biggest sponsors and proponents of the notorious and unconstitutional asset forfeiture laws (where they seize your bank account and/or the cash on your person, and/or your car or your house, and you have to prove you came by the money legally, or that you didn't buy it with drug money--or you don't get your money back), and of the bank "know-your-customer" anti-privacy laws. Don't think for ONE SECOND that the Democratic Party is the party of civil rights, or privacy, or anything like that, because it just isn't--nor is the Republican Party.

Both Republican and Democratic parties are the parties of big government, paternalism, and restricting your rights more and more all the time.

If you really care about those things much, consider voting Libertarian next time around...especially if you don't live in a swing state.

ACPlayer
06-10-2005, 02:36 AM
I am not sure if you are right about this. Chances are that you may be, but I am not sure.

Unfounded attacks by the Right on the Left has worked very well for the GOP in the past few years. Clinton's campaigns worked because they were willing to deliver punch for punch and not take the blows from the Right.

Perhaps the Left is just beginning to learn to take the offensive. They will get better. I got an email today from a group that is starting a nationwide series of seminars on how to take on the Right.

Remember the Left is not interested in getting the 35% who will never,ever vote Democratic(mostly the christian conservatives). The battle is, as always, on the margins.

MMMMMM
06-10-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Unfounded attacks by the Right on the Left has worked very well for the GOP in the past few years. Clinton's campaigns worked because they were willing to deliver punch for punch and not take the blows from the Right.

[/ QUOTE ]

That attack mode works well in politics is often true, but Dean's recent attacks were STUPID attacks. The Dem Party will not gain votes or traction by sounding flaky and retarded.

Broken Glass Can
06-10-2005, 07:26 AM
Here is a Democrat who doesn't want the world to know about what Dean has said:

Durbin blames 'right wing' for repeating Howard Dean's remarks (http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20050610-123151-7187r.htm)

So why isn't he happy with Dean's new attacking style? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ACPlayer
06-10-2005, 10:22 AM
I dont think it is the attack per se that will not work. The Rep attacks are oftehn just as STUPID (Dems against people of faith, Dems dont support troops, Dems against Christians etc). Usually however, these attacks are done by surrogates (Rush, Coulter, and other hacks).

Perchance the Dems are just learning how to attack, instead of trying reasoned debate, which usually does not work with dogmatic opponents. Sort of like having a debate with you.

MMMMMM
06-10-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont think it is the attack per se that will not work. The Rep attacks are oftehn just as STUPID (Dems against people of faith, Dems dont support troops, Dems against Christians etc). Usually however, these attacks are done by surrogates (Rush, Coulter, and other hacks).

[/ QUOTE ]

STUPID attacks, which everyone can easily recognize as stupid, do not work well for either side. And when a political leader does it, it comes across much worse than when a pundit does it.

[ QUOTE ]
Perchance the Dems are just learning how to attack, instead of trying reasoned debate, which usually does not work with dogmatic opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's an example of the Dems "learning how to attack", I can't wait to see their next effort. Maybe next time Dean will skip the verbiage entirely and just yell "Yeaaaaaaarghhhh!" for fifteeen minutes? ROFL.