PDA

View Full Version : Pocket QQs

mojobluesman
06-09-2005, 04:20 PM
With the King on the flop I was immediately worried, but figured I had to bet and find out.

When the 2nd King fell, I figured there was a better chance my opponents were playing a J or a draw. So I bet again - mindfull that I might get raised.

The river is the very suspect area.

When the 3rd diamond fell and UTG came to life, I feared a flush. I figured I had to call anyway in such a large pot without any read. Then MP1 popped it and UTG called.

I thought I was almost certainly beat, but the pot was huge and I called.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (7 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, SB folds, UTG calls.

River: (10 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Result in White: No peaking!!! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

<font color="white"> UTG = KcQh, MP1 3h3s </font>

jrz1972
06-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Calling the first river bet is fine, but I would fold to the raise. One bet, big pot, etc., but there is no way in hell your hand is good here.

milesdyson
06-09-2005, 04:24 PM
First river call is a crying call... the second is not good. He raised a bettor and caller on the river. You lose.