PDA

View Full Version : Two Overcard Hands

mojobluesman
06-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Hand #1.

UTG was a little loose. I took a shot at protecting my overcards on the flop with a raise because the pot was large and the flop was raggy. The turn was obviously a bad card for me, but I didn't want to check and give away my weakness by checking after him. If he raised I would have folded. So I took a shot again. River was the 4th /images/graemlins/diamond.gif so I checked behind.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, UTG calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Results in White. Please don't look. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

<font color="white"> UTG = Ad Jh </font>

Hand #2

Normally, I don't bet into 3 players with just overcards - especially with such a coordinated board. However, there were 2 checks in front of me, the pot was large, and I had a backdoor nut flush draw and mediocre backdoor STR8 draw. So I took a shot at at least thinning the field. When that didn't work at all, I decided that at least someone had a strong enough hand to call a turn bet and checked down.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (6.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

Malcom Reynolds
06-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Hand two I play it the same way. When two people check in front of you and there's just one guy behind you, you have to bet this.

kiddj
06-09-2005, 04:25 PM
Hand #1: I may fold this flop. You have 4 outs at best, the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif give the 3 flush. Who are you folding out by raising? 99? A8?

Hand #2: I may consider finding a bet on the turn or river, depending on your reads. If no one ever check-raises, I would tend to bet the turn (fold to raise) and check the river (unless I felt the bluff may work); or check the turn and bet the river.

mojobluesman
06-09-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand #1: I may fold this flop. You have 4 outs at best, the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif give the 3 flush. Who are you folding out by raising? 99? A8?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmn. I guess I didn't have as many outs as I thought (damn multi-tabling). I was thinking in terms of folding out a K or a weak pair.