PDA

View Full Version : Aggressive Birds

RacersEdge
06-09-2005, 03:48 PM
There are some damn aggressive birds in our parking lot here. Someone said they were mockingbirds. You can walk right up to them and they usually don't budge. One maintenance guy was divebombed and took a hit in the neck. These birds really protect their nests.

Anyone else observe this phenomenon?

pshreck
06-09-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One maintenance guy was divebombed and took a hit in the neck. These birds really protect their nests.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not mockingbirds.

stankybank
06-09-2005, 03:49 PM
[censored] birds.

Pocket Trips
06-09-2005, 03:50 PM
Birds suck! My aunt had a parrot that would attack anyone that came near its cubby hole except her

I hated that thing so much me and my cousin taught it to say "put me in the microwave"

swede123
06-09-2005, 03:51 PM
Start carrying a BB gun.

Swede

jakethebake
06-09-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One maintenance guy was divebombed and took a hit in the neck. These birds really protect their nests.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not mockingbirds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Mockingbirds are mean as [censored]. They attack our dog all the time. I've seen them chase squirrels & cats too.

Bluffoon
06-09-2005, 04:00 PM
Yeah I have two parakeets and I leave the cage open so that they can fly around if they want. If they are bored or want some fresh food or water or sometimes even if I am up late and they are tired they dive bomb me until I address the situation.

RacersEdge
06-09-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not mockingbirds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it looks very close to this bird:

mockingbird (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.birdgoods.com/birdinfo/mockingbird2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.birdgoods.com/birdinfo/mockingbirds.htm&h=333&w=393&sz=29&tbnid=WZEZRDy8t e8J:&tbnh=101&tbnw=120&hl=en&start=5&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmockingbirds%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3 DN)

Dead
06-09-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not mockingbirds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Mockingbirds are mean as [censored]. They attack our dog all the time. I've seen them chase squirrels & cats too.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should either shoot them or stick it in their pooper. Maybe both.

Brainwalter
06-09-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Start carrying a BB gun.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to stock shelves in a grocery store, and form time to time a mockingbird or 3 would get in through the back door. They'd hang out up in the rafters flitting around, eat produce and peck into meat packages at night. We could only get the BB gun out and try to shoot them before the store opened in the morning and they knew it. I swear they knew when you had the gun out and they layed low. Then right at 7 am they were all over the place.

pshreck
06-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Damn, if that's true, it COMPLETELY discredits the title "To Kill a Mockingbird", which is my favorite book.

Goddamit.

RacersEdge
06-09-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not mockingbirds.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I think of it, I saw another one about 200 feet in the air chasing off some kind of redwinged hawk that was 5 times it's size..

Los Feliz Slim
06-09-2005, 04:34 PM
When I was a kid, for some reason birds had it in for me. I was attacked twice by birds, one was a robin and I can't remember what the other one was, I think it was a catbird.

OtisTheMarsupial
06-09-2005, 06:09 PM
Yup. Sounds like a mockingbird.

MoreWineII
06-09-2005, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I had a crow once go [censored] nuts on me. I guess I was near the nest and it started trying to dive bomb my ass. I was like "[censored] you" and I split.

Thythe
06-09-2005, 06:22 PM
I was walking back from tennis today and I saw this huge blackbird chasing a small little sparrow. I watched and then they flew into these bushes and there was some horrible screeching. When the blackbird emerged it had the struggling sparrow in its mouth. I chased after the blackbird in an attempt to save the sparrow (screw natural selection), but when the blackbird finally let go the sparrow was beyond repair and was twitching on the ground. I walked away a failure...