PDA

View Full Version : Apparantly the NHL is 1 step closer to getting out of lockout

ClaytonN
06-09-2005, 03:26 PM
ESPN said somewhere on SportsCenter last night that the owners and the players union agreed on a salary cap deal that put a cap of around 32-34 million and a floor of something like 22 million and a luxury tax installed, but officials for both organizations had no comment.

The question is, do you care?

Pocket Trips
06-09-2005, 03:28 PM
to hell with the NHL I am now an AHL fan GO TITANS!!!!!

swede123
06-09-2005, 03:28 PM
Not really. I live in Denver, which is probably a top five hockey city in the U.S. Yet to me NHL hockey is so unrefined. Give me international hockey any day.

Swede

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-09-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not really. I live in Denver, which is probably a top five hockey city in the U.S. Yet to me NHL hockey is so unrefined. Give me international hockey any day.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course big international tournaments are the best, but come on. Be reasonable here. I'm a fan of the college game, but I just can't get myself to pull for DU. I'm all over it when/if either UM (Michigan or Minnesota) or UMD come to town, though.

Pocket Trips
06-09-2005, 03:34 PM
I watched a lot of college hockey this year as well and really enjoyed it. I don't think i missed a minute of the frozen four and the FSN sunday night games were great too

xadrez
06-09-2005, 03:34 PM
Does this mean I might have to endure Hockey highlights on Sportcenter come this winter?

jakethebake
06-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Wow. there are still people that care about this? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

pshreck
06-09-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. there are still people that care about this? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I care because I think it would be funny if the NHL was permanently canceled. In fact I'm rooting for that to happen.

Pocket Trips
06-09-2005, 03:44 PM
same here ... I have been a huge hockey fan my etire life My grand parents have season tix for the devils and my uncle is an off-ice official for them but I absolutely refuse to ever attend or even watch another NHL game