PDA

View Full Version : Fossilman in 50-100 ring game? Just curious...

Marlow
06-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Hello All!!

I haven't been here in a while, but when I was, I remember Greg Raymer as being mainly a NL ring-game guy who sometimes played tourneys. I could be wrong, but that's not the point...

I just read that after he busted out of the 6-handed NL tourney, we went to a $50-100 NL game with Matusow, Esfandiari, and a few others. I'm just wondering how Greg holds up in this type of game.

BTW, I have a lot of respect for Greg, and thank him for his generous and sustained contributions to this forum - so please don't read this as a slight in any way. I just know that if my regular game one year ago was a 5-10 NL, and now I'm playing with a blind structure 10x greater, I'd be pretty f-ing skittish. Even if I did win 5 mil last year.

Just want to know how he handles these games...

Marlow
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Jeff W
06-09-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just read that after he busted out of the 6-handed NL tourney, we went to a $50-100 NL game with Matusow, Esfandiari, and a few others. I'm just wondering how Greg holds up in this type of game.

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably holds up very well. I bet many regulars on this forum would love to be in that game.

bobby rooney
06-09-2005, 03:33 PM
As long as there are also a couple of loose spots, he doesn't seem to mind having several name players in the game. A year ago at the Legends of Poker, I saw him sit down in a high limit mixed game that had Doyle Brunson, Layne Flack, John D'Agostino and Mike Caro and a few I didn't recognize. Caffione says you judge a game more by the bad players than by the good players because you can navigate around the good players and play pots with the bad players.

Marlow
06-09-2005, 03:35 PM
Why do you say that?

Would they love it because you think it's a soft game? Or would they love it because you think it would be good fun or entertaining?

Marlow
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Goodie54
06-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Before he won the wsop, he used to play mostly in a 150-300 mixed game at foxwoods and the 5-5 pot limit game there (when it was going). Poker was different then, especially at foxwoods. They didn't spread the type of no limit they do now. He would play the tuesday night no limit tourney and had very good results in it. He would also play the no limit tourneys in both the New England Poker Classic and The World Poker Finals.

Having played with him many times, I can say that his game is one of the best I've seen, but having not played with the rest that you mentioned, I cannot say how he would fair amoungst that competition. I would guess that he holds his own though.

Peace

Goodie

Ezcheeze
06-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Raymer destroys these games.

daniel1222
06-09-2005, 06:21 PM
What is Raymer's name in this forum?

ClaytonN
06-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Greg (FossilMan), or something to that extent