PDA

View Full Version : I have been told I am too aggressive

Quercus
06-09-2005, 02:36 PM
Am I or am I not?

I'm also always torn on where to post 6max hands. There is the HUSH forum, but that seems mostly to gravitate to the 5/10 and higher. Most low limit 6 max tables seem to play like full ring games except for looser players trying fancier plays.

Prima $1/$2 6max (5 handed)

Hand 1:

SB is very loose, not super aggressive. Deck has been hitting him the face.
MP is LAGish
Button is unknown

Hero is K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif in the BB.

Preflop: MP bets, button calls, SB complete, Hero raises, all call.

Flop - 8SB 4 players : J/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB bets, Hero raises, all call.

Turn 8BB 4 players : 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Checks to button who bets, SB and hero call, MP folds.

River: 11BB 3 players: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
SB bets, Hero calls, MP folds.

Final Pot: 12.5BB betwen SB and Hero.

Hand 2:

Prima $1/$2 6max - 4 handed
SB is pretty decent
BB is unknown

Hero is button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Preflop : MP folds, Hero raises, blinds call.

Flop: 6 SB 3 players 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif
blinds check, Hero bets, SB raises, BB calls, Hero raises...

jrz1972
06-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Hand 1: I would have just called the flop. Looks fine otherwise.

Hand 2: Seems standard.

Bradyams
06-09-2005, 02:42 PM
These both look okay to me.

In hand 1 I probably wouldn't raise the flop. Your two overcards, and gutshot make a fairly strong hand, but with the two clubs out there it really hurts your hand. Although I think it probably depends a lot on the players behind you, and how they play.

VBM
06-09-2005, 03:09 PM
i posted a hand (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2551864&page=&view=&s b=5&o=) similar to your first one (and i had position) a ways back and btspider & Wookie hated it; you might want to consider their thoughts in that thread.

jopke81
06-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Hand 1: I probably wouldn't raise this flop but I don't hate it. I fold the turn and I definitely raise the river (where'd the aggression go?)

Hand 2: 3-bet might be pushing it. I call here.

topspin
06-09-2005, 03:23 PM
I like both hands. What's the debate?

In hand 2 you clearly have equity to raise ... your equity here's probably around 40-45%. In hand 1 the only debatable part is whether to raise or just call the flop, and I like the raise trying to buy some K/Q outs versus someone that might have a gutshot or straight redraw.