PDA

View Full Version : Best bang for your vending machine buck?

SomethingClever
06-09-2005, 01:25 PM
I'm gonna go with the Rold Gold Tiny Twist pretzels. The bag seems like it's freaking endless!

On the other hand, I'm always disappointed with how few Doritos you get in the vending machine size.

Thoughts?

Sponger15SB
06-09-2005, 01:27 PM
Peanut M&M's

Especially if you eat them the proper way (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=2401364&Fo rum=All_Forums&Words=peanut&Searchpage=0&Limit=25& Main=2401364&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=10714& daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&olderty pe=&bodyprev=#Post2401364)

IndieMatty
06-09-2005, 01:28 PM
I don't do vending machiens anymore. But the proper answer is Poptarts. Last time I checked it was two of them for 75 cents, and a box of 6 was like 3 bucks at the bodega.

balkii
06-09-2005, 01:28 PM
the pretzel bag does have the most mass i think. although i find fritos to be quite the value as well. if they have chili cheese fritos...you don't really have much of a choice.

tbach24
06-09-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't do vending machiens anymore. But the proper answer is Poptarts. Last time I checked it was two of them for 75 cents, and a box of 6 was like 3 bucks at the bodega.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger15SB
06-09-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh....untoasted poptarts?

I'd rather eat Rold Gold tiny twists...

BreakfastBurrito
06-09-2005, 01:31 PM
You can get a decent # of animal crackers. For a short time I was able to buy a box of 16 Oreo type cookies for $0.75 as well.

IndieMatty
06-09-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I got them in an office snackroom/breakroom and they had a toaster. On-the go....cold PT's, yeah you may have a point.

SomethingClever
06-09-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
animal crackers

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, these are up there.

I used to get the Famous Amos cookies with regularity, but they've fallen by the wayside.

tbach24
06-09-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I got them in an office snackroom/breakroom and they had a toaster. On-the go....cold PT's, yeah you may have a point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cold PTs are good. Microwaved ones are clearly superior, but cold are still better than anything else.

jakethebake
06-09-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cold PTs are good. Microwaved ones are clearly superior, but cold are still better than anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

...says the guy that doesn't like steak. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mmbt0ne
06-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Keebler Cookies. I'm not sure which kind they are, but they were 75¢, and there were a lot of them.

tbach24
06-09-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No! I had good steak and now I like it. I also had good ribs lately and like it too. Lobster is still overated because of all the work.

jakethebake
06-09-2005, 01:49 PM
I only ever eat from vending machines when I'm really hungry and options are limited. Because I'm really hungry and don't usually carry around a pocketful of change or a whole walletful of ones, I always do a complete oz./$ analysis. Whatever is highest usually get's my $0.65.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-09-2005, 01:50 PM
If it must be chips, then the answer is clearly Fritos. If it's open, then the answer is definitely Starburst or maybe if your vending machine has popcorn, then that's it.

mmbt0ne
06-09-2005, 01:50 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No! I had good steak and now I like it. I also had good ribs lately and like it too. Lobster is still overated because of all the work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you live in Maine? We used to kick people out of there for saying things like that.

tbach24
06-09-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you live in Maine? We used to kick people out of there for saying things like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to school there, I live in western MA. I actually went lobster fishing once (I didn't participate, but was on the boat watching).

DVC Calif
06-09-2005, 02:03 PM
http://www.valgourmand.com/v/c/c_mars_05790.jpg

Cookie crunch...'nuff said.

LoaferGee12
06-09-2005, 02:18 PM
One time I was making 25 cents everytime i bought one of those big tootsie rolls, so I guess it would have to be that :/
Needless to say, I bought every roll in there.

Pocket Trips
06-09-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lobster is still overated because of all the work.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow I am not the only who thinks this! I can't stand lobster. If I wanted to pry my food from a steaming carcass I would go to Ted Nugent's house for dinner. If I am gonna pay the $$ they charge 4 lobster i wanna be able to eat it wen it is put infront of me

jakethebake
06-09-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lobster is still overated because of all the work.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow I am not the only who thinks this! I can't stand lobster. If I wanted to pry my food from a steaming carcass I would go to Ted Nugent's house for dinner. If I am gonna pay the $$ they charge 4 lobster i wanna be able to eat it wen it is put infront of me

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. I'm there too. I like lobster o.k. But I really prefer crab, scallops, or good fish.