PDA

View Full Version : QUAD 4's

Ed_Socal01
06-09-2005, 12:56 PM
About a month ago i posted a hand i seen @ Harrah's in Vegas and couldn't understand why the player moved in on the flop with quad's with a dry pot. Last week i was in a hand at the Wynn. Here is how it went, please advice on how you would have played the hand.

it was a $200 minimum (no max) buy-in. I was on the button and held pocket 4's. one mid position called the BB so I decided to raise to $20. S/B & B/B call. S/B has about 2K B/B has about $400 and i have about 1K. The flop comes 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, Check around, turn comes 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif check around. The river comes 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. The S/B bets $50 the B/B moves in for $400 i reraise all in for $ 1K the S/B call with chips to spare.

The question is did i play my quads right?? and what do you put the other two hands on, on the river. With a better an all in and a caller to a rereaise all in.

Results to follow:

slupo
06-09-2005, 01:10 PM
What's the question? You got both players to put their chips in the middle so good move.

You slowplayed until the players caught up. Great.

By pushing you make the pot very appealing to the big stack who is last to act in this case.

I put them both on flushes. SB with a bigger one than BB but neither has the Ace.

Ed_Socal01
06-09-2005, 01:14 PM
The questions are:
how did i play the hand.
what do you put the other players on
and would you have done anything different.

swolfe
06-09-2005, 01:14 PM
so SB has 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/spade.gif

i like to lead the flop, smallish.

what are the blinds? was $20 a minraise?

Ed_Socal01
06-09-2005, 01:16 PM
sorry that i failed to mention the blinds. the blinds are 2 & 5. so it cost the S/B 18 to call and the B/B 15

9cao
06-09-2005, 01:19 PM
I will guess that SB slow-played his 55 and the BB has Ace of spades.

You played it fine. The only interesting part was the river since if the SB is rational, he can only call with a boat when you go all-in. If you just called the BB's bet instead, he could call you with just Ace of spades and probably raise you with a boat anyways. Might have been better +EV play. Nice hand.

Edit: Missed the straight-flush potential. Much more interesting now.

Ed_Socal01
06-09-2005, 01:28 PM
Swolfe,

how much would you have lead off on the flopp with. with those small cards.

swolfe
06-09-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how much would you have lead off on the flopp with. with those small cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

having raised preflop, you're representing something big. my cards are almost irrelevant to my follow up bet...there's $80 in the pot, i'd make a $50 bet. just the same as if i had raised with AA or AK.

if i've been on my game i'll get action from anybody with a pocket pair or flush draw. if called, i'll slow down on the turn...i'd rather check there than the flop.

Ed_Socal01
06-09-2005, 01:55 PM
What is your intention when you bet the $50 is it to get action from the guy who is drawing to the flush or flopped 2 pair? ir is it to get the drawing hands out?

and did you slow down on the turn cus the the 8 of /images/graemlins/spade.gif hit?

mgsimpleton
06-09-2005, 01:56 PM
is this thread another joke? please tell me it's a joke.

swolfe
06-09-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is your intention when you bet the $50 is it to get action from the guy who is drawing to the flush or flopped 2 pair? ir is it to get the drawing hands out?

and did you slow down on the turn cus the the 8 of /images/graemlins/spade.gif hit?

[/ QUOTE ]

my intention is to remain consistent with the rest of my game play and not make a suspicious check when i've bet in this same position the last 20 times the play has gone this way.

Ed_Socal01
06-09-2005, 02:06 PM
NO JOKE here,

The S/B had the 67 /images/graemlins/spade.gif so he turned the straight flush and the B/B had the A high flush. I don't think i could have played it any other way that would have given me that information. i think it would have still cost me all my chips any way.

LearnedfromTV
06-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Quads fours vs. straight flush? Harrah's in Vegas is rigged! That (censored) would never happen online.

mgsimpleton
06-09-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
NO JOKE here,

The S/B had the 67 /images/graemlins/spade.gif so he turned the straight flush and the B/B had the A high flush. I don't think i could have played it any other way that would have given me that information. i think it would have still cost me all my chips any way.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes this is a joke... you are all getting me back for my post about getting all in with a set of queens. i guess if i had posted it where i'd slow played it until the other guy caught his quads, then it would be the same situation as this one.

good one!

and if this wasn't a joke, STOP trying to disguise your bad beat posts as strategy questions. do you want to let people catch up to quads? YES. do you want to let them catch up until they beat you? NO. ok get it? got it... no one is fooled by this crap. wow i feel like a b**** but is anyone with me on this one?

Ed_Socal01
06-09-2005, 02:18 PM
TV guy,

read the post it didn't happen at Harrah's. i started my post recalling an erlier post that i did about quad's. that one happened at Harrah's.

BobboFitos
06-09-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wow i feel like a b****

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're hot, it doesn't matter.

to an extent.

[ QUOTE ]
is anyone with me on this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I do agree though, this is a little much.

Sandstone
06-09-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
NO JOKE here,

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish for someone to slit your neck and rape your throat.

sniperd
06-09-2005, 02:22 PM
If you really feel you may have played this wrong, try the following: Wait a few weeks; repost this and just change it so that you fold quads on the river and see how many people respond with:

"You are stupid to fold there, that's so weak, I'll just pay off the str flush if he has it, etc.."

I mean, what are you going to do, call $400 and then fold for $600 more from the 3rd guy? The only way I do that is if I call the $400, the next guy shoves and flips his cards before I have a chance to call. If you only get your chips in with the nuts, there are some problems with your game.

LearnedfromTV
06-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Seriously, there was nothing you could have done. No amount you can bet makes 67 spades fold that flop, except maybe a ridiculous overbet, and maybe not even then, and no amount of pushing back from a straight flush can make you lay down quads after the turn, unless you're both sitting there with ridiculously deep stacks and reraise back and forth several times.

Also, it is hard to answer the question - how do you get the most money from flopping quads? Because it is so dependent on what the other people have and whether they catch. Unless you always bet after raising, I don't think a check here looks too suspicious. They'll put you on high cards instead of a pair. NO ONE thinks you have one 4, let alone two. If you bet, bet 40-50 or so, hope someone has an overpair enough of a draw to call. Of course a lot of hands (nut flush, boat) that you beat will put a lot of money in after the turn, while only one has you beat. Tough beat.

LearnedfromTV
06-09-2005, 02:26 PM
Ahhh, in that case.. the Wynn is rigged! Call the feds.

Ed_Socal01
06-09-2005, 02:26 PM
WOW that is allot to say.

anyways. i was just posting to see if anyone could see what i didn't, the straight flush. or if anyone would have played it differently.

i've been on and off this site for about 5 years and really have no time for BS. so if this seemed like someone was playing a joke cus of someting you posted, it is not.

LearnedfromTV
06-09-2005, 02:32 PM
It's not so much that you shouldn't see the straight flush. You should. The point is that the straight flush is so unlikely that you still have to put all your money in. The range of hands that will go allin on that river is wide enough that most of the time you win when called. Three ways to have top boat, nine ways to have another boat, 8 ways to have nut flush, and exactly ONE way to have straight flush.

Ed_Socal01
06-09-2005, 02:39 PM
thanx Sniperd & TV.

i didn't see any way out of this hand. and no real way to read the SF. I play in L.A. usually in a $500 no-limit or a $300 minimum Pot-limit. and have had situations when i folded quad's But the situation was different (2 players bet and raised in front). any ways. thanx for the info on my post.

thabadguy
06-09-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thanx Sniperd & TV.

i didn't see any way out of this hand. and no real way to read the SF. I play in L.A. usually in a $500 no-limit or a $300 minimum Pot-limit. and have had situations when i folded quad's But the situation was different (2 players bet and raised in front). any ways. thanx for the info on my post.

[/ QUOTE ]
PLEASE DONT EVER POST HERE AGAIN...EVER
Either you are tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good of a player, good enuf to fold quads ...or ur just a f*cking retard....
A bet and a raise and you have quads!!! id get a f*cking hardon if i was in that situation.

LuvDemNutz
06-09-2005, 02:54 PM
Another bad beat post in disguise?

Come on - at least if you're going to post a bad beat , put it in the title so I can skip the thread altogether.

Ed_Socal01
06-09-2005, 03:02 PM
Like i said BADGUY. different situation different players. i can't beleive you would never fold quad's. If you had Pocket 2's and the 5 cards on the baord are 22555 you wouldn't fold quads???? with 2 betters in front of u?? ( that was not my situation, but i am giving an excample).

LearnedfromTV
06-09-2005, 03:06 PM
[/ QUOTE ]
PLEASE DONT EVER POST HERE AGAIN...EVER
Either you are tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good of a player, good enuf to fold quads ...or ur just a f*cking retard....
A bet and a raise and you have quads!!! id get a f*cking hardon if i was in that situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about four to a straight flush showing? Enough action there could make you pretty sure quads were no good.

Ed_Socal01
06-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Thank u NUTZ, i have to hear people say "I WOULD NEVER DO THAT..."

Komodo
06-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Easy call. One flush and one full house is much more likely than one straight flush.