PDA

View Full Version : Help with Bit Tornado

Sadat X
06-09-2005, 12:43 PM
I know there's a lot of really tech saavy guys on 2p so I figured this is worth a shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just got a new computer and installed Bit Tornado. The problem is that I can't get a download speed of over 2 KB/s because the little light is yellow. This a apparently means that BT can't get around my firewall.

I tried going into Network Properties and opening up ports 8861-8869 but it didn't help. I also tried disabling the Windows firewall entirely, but that still doesn't work.

Any other suggestions? My dad is out of the country and I want to get the NBA Finals for him to watch when he comes back. Thanks in advance.

Joe826
06-09-2005, 12:48 PM
i don't really know what bit tornado is, but i assume it's a bit torrent client.

are you behind a hardware router or do you go to a university or something where you're in a network of some sort?

unless you're directly connected to the internet (i.e. no router, firewall, etc.), you have to go in and forward the ports to your computer or unblock them. sounds like unblocking didn't work, so it might be a router problem. if this is the case post what sort of router you have and i could prolly help.

p.s. try azureus

Sadat X
06-09-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm on a LAN with a Linksys WRTS4GS router. Hope this helps. I'm downloading azureus right now also, so I'll give that a shot when it's done. Thanks.