PDA

View Full Version : UB Bonus anyone who knows how this works.?

Stinkybeaver
06-09-2005, 11:56 AM
I just saw that UB is offering 200$ in sign up bonus.

Is this worth it or does it take forever to clear.

From what I've heard inhere UB sounds to be rather weak tight, offering few easy money.

Isura
06-09-2005, 11:59 AM
The bonuses take a long time at microlimits. If you play 2/4 or higher it's a little better, but still slower than Stars, Paradise, Pokerroom. If you like playing there (the software is nice), then think of it as steady rakeback and it's not a bad deal. They offer many reload bonuses too, and many 2+2ers have thousands of dollars of uncleared bonuses there.

Edit: Also, if you are signing up for the first time, look in the classified and setup up rakeback. I believe UB has rakeback.

benkath1
06-09-2005, 12:05 PM
And the bonus never expires.

playersare
06-09-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you like playing there (the software is nice), then think of it as steady rakeback and it's not a bad deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stinkybeaver
06-09-2005, 12:10 PM
So not as good as party and the like.

Anyways I might sign up inthere after all.

How about Absoulute poker. Is the 0,5/1,0 beatable.?
I've seen them having 500$ sign up bonus

deception5
06-09-2005, 12:14 PM
I just put some money there recently as the bonuses never expire. I think I'm up to $350 in bonuses so far and I'm going to get their current redeposit bonus for another $100. Since they never expire I figure I'll keep deposing every time they offer a bonus and then I'll clear them when I decide to play there. Haven't actually played a raked hand there yet /images/graemlins/smile.gif (same with pokerstars)

phlup
06-09-2005, 12:19 PM
Yeah, the .5/1 and 1/2 are beatable at Absolute. The problem with them though is the lack of tables. It's really hard to find a seat during peak hours. On the plus side, you do get to see the same people pretty frequently (as opposed to sites like Party) so you can start to really learn tendencies and who is going to call down your flush with King high.

Also it might be worth noting that if you sign up at Absolute by using www.boogster.com (http://www.boogster.com) you can get other free stuff as well as the bonus. (I managed to get PokerTracker and the PT guide doing that)

Stinkybeaver
06-09-2005, 12:25 PM
guess its my own fault for mixing this up....

So the bonus on either site never expire..?

How about my money 1000$ will drain my bankroll pretty much so If I can't withdraw any money before clearing the bonus its not woth it yet for me.

Anyone who has tried both and can tell me which clears faster..?

benkath1
06-09-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The software sucks at absolute, but the bonus is nice. I mostly played 1/2 and it took me about 2 weeks to clear 300 in bonus. I got a rakeback deal through raketracker (http://www.raketracker.com/site/signup/signup.php?taf=nikeozz ). makes for a nice little bonus the next month.

Stinkybeaver
06-09-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The software sucks at absolute, but the bonus is nice. I mostly played 1/2 and it took me about 2 weeks to clear 300 in bonus. I got a rakeback deal through raketracker (http://www.raketracker.com/site/signup/signup.php?taf=nikeozz ). makes for a nice little bonus the next month.

[/ QUOTE ]

The software sucks.. hows that..??

Anyways if you cleared it at 1/2 in two weaks I might clear it in a couple of months at 0,5/1,0.

benkath1
06-09-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The software sucks.. hows that..??

Anyways if you cleared it at 1/2 in two weaks I might clear it in a couple of months at 0,5/1,0.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just really slow. I had a hard time playing more than 2 tables. Even if one was at another site. I don't know, I guess it wasn't that bad. I might go back for some more rake back. That's kind of cool. IF i get my free t shirt soon. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Octopus
06-09-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's just really slow. I had a hard time playing more than 2 tables. Even if one was at another site. I don't know, I guess it wasn't that bad. I might go back for some more rake back. That's kind of cool. IF i get my free t shirt soon. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The software is now quite a bit faster, but you are still limited to 3 tables.