PDA

View Full Version : Golfers, would it count?

trevorwc
06-09-2005, 11:42 AM
So I'm out on the links the other day, just finished up the 13th hole (a par 3). We go to 14 (a par 5), and it's back-logged. Group on the green, group in the fairway, group on the tee. The next group behind us hasn't even teed up on 12, so we decide to play 13 again. I proceed to stick my tee shot less than 1 inch from the hole.

I've never gotten a hole in one before. Would this have "counted"?

David04
06-09-2005, 11:44 AM
No.

swede123
06-09-2005, 11:45 AM
If you were hitting range balls from the tee onto a par three, and eventually get a hole-in-one, would that count? I'd say it's a pretty cool accomplishment, but not a "real" hole-in-one.

Swede

RacersEdge
06-09-2005, 11:48 AM
Since it wouldn't have been recorded on a scorecard, no.

Also, I'm pretty sure practicing is not allowed and is some type of penalty - maybe even imprisonment.

MoreWineII
06-09-2005, 11:48 AM
Officially? No. To brag to your friends about? Yes.

ceyoung
06-09-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you were hitting range balls from the tee onto a par three, and eventually get a hole-in-one, would that count? I'd say it's a pretty cool accomplishment, but not a "real" hole-in-one.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

i used to work at a golf course and did this on the first hole of the executive course. par 3 about 97 yards. i don't consider it a hole in one.

jakethebake
06-09-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
To brag to your friends about? Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is obviously far more important anyway.

nolanfan34
06-09-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I'm pretty sure practicing is not allowed and is some type of penalty - maybe even imprisonment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Includes lashes from that stick thing they use in Singapore too.

groo
06-09-2005, 11:56 AM
I was playing with a guy a few years ago that hit his tee shot on a par three in the water, angrily threw another ball on the tee and knocked it in the hole. When I said, "nice three" I thought he was going to come after me with his club.

swede123
06-09-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was playing with a guy a few years ago that hit his tee shot on a par three in the water, angrily threw another ball on the tee and knocked it in the hole. When I said, "nice three" I thought he was going to come after me with his club.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, that's great man.

Swede

superleeds
06-09-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now thats comedy /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-09-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Your play, brilliant in my opinion.

slickpoppa
06-09-2005, 12:07 PM
Kind of a thread hijack, but here is a funny story:

During an amateur tournament a couple of years ago two guys were playing a blind, uphill par 3. Guy #1 hits it on the green and Guy #2 thinks he overhit it. Guy #2 doesn't see his ball on the green so he looks in the woods behind the hole. He can't find his ball so he drops one from his pocket while no one is looking and chips onto the green. Guy #1 finished the hole first, but when he goes to take his ball out of the cup, he finds two balls, his ball and Guy #2's ball. Guy #2 had made a hole in one, but then cheated by dropping a pocket ball and was disqualified from the tournament.

trevorwc
06-09-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kind of a thread hijack, but here is a funny story:

During an amateur tournament a couple of years ago two guys were playing a blind, uphill par 3. Guy #1 hits it on the green and Guy #2 thinks he overhit it. Guy #2 doesn't see his ball on the green so he looks in the woods behind the hole. He can't find his ball so he drops one from his pocket while no one is looking and chips onto the green. Guy #1 finished the hole first, but when he goes to take his ball out of the cup, he finds two balls, his ball and Guy #2's ball. Guy #2 had made a hole in one, but then cheated by dropping a pocket ball and was disqualified from the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

That'll teach him. I always look in the hole on a par three, even when I know I hit that thing in the woods. Never know when you'll get lucky...

eleventy
06-09-2005, 01:03 PM
I'd count it.

TripleH68
06-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Of course not.

TripleH68
06-09-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This happened to me. Only I thought the first ball was OB and played the second as a provisional. Found the first tee shot and made bogey 4. I didn't get angry though, I still think it is funny.

slickpoppa
06-09-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This happened to me. Only I thought the first ball was OB and played the second as a provisional. Found the first tee shot and made bogey 4. I didn't get angry though, I still think it is funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you should have just pretended to look for the first one and just taken a 3