PDA

View Full Version : Small Pairs... What to do?

ZManODS
01-07-2003, 12:54 PM
I was wondering what you people would do in EP, MP and LP with a small pair in the hole... 77-22
Would you play after the flop, even if it misses you? What would be reasonable odds to chase? Just wondering everyones opinion. Thank You

Mangatang
01-07-2003, 02:00 PM
Small pairs work best in late position against a lot of players. I wouldn't play them in EP unless I knew the table consistantly had 6-8 limpers with no preflop raising. If you don't flop a set or 4-strait, muck 'em.

Dynasty
01-07-2003, 06:14 PM
In a typical loose-passive low-limit game, you should play any pair in any position for one bet.

Usually, you should fold on the flop if you don't make a set. However, there are situations when your 66 will be good on a 9,9,4 rainbow flop and you should play it aggressviely.

Joshua
01-10-2003, 08:45 AM
Would you play 77-22 on the button with one or two limpers in a passive game or do you need more players for the lower pairs to be profitable?

Best Regards
Joshua

Joshua
01-10-2003, 09:51 AM
The reason why I'm asking this question is that I've discussed my game with others and the most common remark is that I'm to tight on the button. I would fold here but I'm wondering if you guys would play here and what pairs you would play. I could see raising with 77 against a single loose limper but I would problably fold most of the time even if the (one or two) limpers are loose. Am I too tight in this spot?

Best Regards
Joshua

rigoletto
01-10-2003, 11:13 AM
Depends on how much the blinds defend. It's a raise or fold situation in my opinion. Against 1 limper i would raise with any pair a lot of the time. Remember 22 is a favorite against AK when heads up.

J.R.
01-10-2003, 01:45 PM
With 2 limpers and loose passive blinds these small pairs are automactic calls from the button. One limper I would be less inclined to play unless the limper or blinds were loose and liked to call me down.