PDA

View Full Version : What was wrong with this guy? (long)

iMsoLucky0
06-09-2005, 06:27 AM
So I just got home from Vegas and on the flight home something very weird happened. I get to the airport and change my ticket so I am in a row by myself. I board the plane, no problems. 1 minute before takeoff however, a large black man comes in and sits in the seat next to me.

No problems, that's fine. Well, about 2 minutes after he sits down and gets situated, he starts breathing real heavy. I look at him and he is asleep, and the breathing starts turning into snoring. He was snoring for about 10 second intervals every 2 minutes. Then, the snoring stopped and he started moving around alot. He was still asleep, but it was like he was in an animated dream of some sort. He would take his fingers and stick them in his mouth. He would nod his head back and forth. He would bang his leg up and down. And sometimes he would lean over into my seat and elbow me. It was very weird.

Well this goes on for about 10 minutes (that's when he started elbowing me). At this point, I look around and there is a girl sitting across from me in the row behind me with noone beside her. She has been watching what was going on and motioned for me to come sit with her.

Well, for the remaining 2 hours of the flight, the man continued to convulse about and nod his head. He even started sleeptalking at one point. He would also lean over and seem to look out the window but his eyes would remain closed before and after he leaned over.

Is this some kind of sleeping disorder? Was this guy just crazy?

Reef
06-09-2005, 06:28 AM
that's how all fat people sleep

iMsoLucky0
06-09-2005, 06:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
that's how all fat people sleep

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL, no he wasn't fat. He was large as in like 6"4 230 with a big frame.

raisethatmofo
06-09-2005, 06:35 AM

iMsoLucky0
06-09-2005, 06:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so did you sit with the girl or not god damn it. Did you make out with her like you should have or did you stare at some fat guy ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did get her number. I did not make out with her.

whiskeytown
06-09-2005, 06:46 AM
might be that apena stuff - you screw up your breathing and it keeps waking you up

Easy E
06-09-2005, 08:27 AM
"a large black man "

Haven't read the other replies yet- is the race of the man important in diagnosing his potential condition?

spamuell
06-09-2005, 08:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"a large black man "

Haven't read the other replies yet- is the race of the man important in diagnosing his potential condition?

[/ QUOTE ]

It might be, but even if it's not, it doesn't matter.

If he'd said, "a large guy with long brown hair," would you be like omgomg what does that have to do with it? Surely description is allowed when recreating a scene, even if the colour of someone's skin is mentioned?

maryfield48
06-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Although I understood why they did it, I always used to be amused when boxing commentators covering a match-up between say Darnell Washington and Hector Gonzalez (made up names), would resort to the colour of their shorts to distinguish them for the audience. Like that was the most obvious difference between them?

jakethebake
06-09-2005, 08:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
that's how all black people sleep

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeti
06-09-2005, 08:55 AM
Tell us more about this broad.

PS. Happy Birthday, jake.

jakethebake
06-09-2005, 08:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

asofel
06-09-2005, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao

kyro
06-09-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what the sad part is. Nobody wished me a happy birthday on my actual birthday, and jake's had it wished to him 3 or 4 straight days now. I hate you.

Yeti
06-09-2005, 12:11 PM
No, the sad part is I think asofel honestly believed I thought it was jake's birthday.

meep_42
06-09-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what the sad part is. Nobody wished me a happy birthday on my actual birthday, and jake's had it wished to him 3 or 4 straight days now. I hate you.

[/ QUOTE ]

The worst part is that he started this on my actual birthday (and 2 or 3 other sheep followed suit). I feel ripped off.

-d

Hoopster81
06-09-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
might be that apena stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]
The worst part is that he started this on my actual birthday (and 2 or 3 other sheep followed suit). I feel ripped off. -d

[/ QUOTE ]

Happy belated birthday, man. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Happy belated birthday, man. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

steaknshake925
06-09-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Although I understood why they did it, I always used to be amused when boxing commentators covering a match-up between say Darnell Washington and Hector Gonzalez (made up names), would resort to the colour of their shorts to distinguish them for the audience. Like that was the most obvious difference between them?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont watch boxing much but i thought referring to fighters by thir shorts colors was the always the standard, yes?

jakethebake
06-09-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont watch boxing much but i thought referring to fighters by thir shorts colors was the always the standard, yes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but it does get ridiculous when they're both wearing black shorts so they resort to sock color or something instead of just calling them the black guy and the white guy.