PDA

View Full Version : Running Bad - Advice needed

pjsub
06-09-2005, 05:01 AM
For the last few weeks I've been running pretty bad. I seem to be constantly being dealt trash. When I sit down I'm going 40-50 hands before I win a single hand, and in all my sessions I'm winning less than 10% of hands (with and without showdowns), and usually around 7%. On the rare occasions I do get dealt something decent one of two things happens, either I'll get one caller who fold the flop (and often all fold pre-flop) or I miss the flop completely and get called down by someone with BP. Then about once an hour I flop a good hand/draw which gets cracked by the river by someone calling down on a runner runner. So I'm losing big pots and winning tiny ones.

The problem is that, after getting bad runs of cards my table image suffers to the point where people won't give me any action because they think I only play the 2 or 3 top hands. What's the best way to remedy this? Should I start rasing trash and showing people to remove my tight image? Or should I call down a few post Ace high even though I just got check-raised on the turn by a fairly passive player?

Normally I'm very aggresive (often too aggresive) but this last few weeks seems to be turning me weak-tight as I seem unable to win a pot.

Thanks

mperich
06-09-2005, 05:37 AM
Don't change anything just because you are running bad. Maybe look at your game more closely and see if you are making more mistakes than usual, and fix those, but don't just make changes for the sake of changes.

Of course you always have to be aware of your image, so if you think they think you are weak-tight you can steal a few more pots etc. But this is the case in general, not just when you are running badly.

I recently ended a savage downswing, it ends man =P

-Mike