PDA

View Full Version : KK Hand

Pollux2
01-07-2003, 06:31 AM
hey all, not sure if you guys remember me but its been so long that i forgot the password to my other account "Pollux" so this will have to do.

so i sat 3-6 today and managed to do decently despite my long break.

UTG limps, i'm next and raise black K's 2 cold callers, bb calls, UTG calls.

flop: Ah Qh Jc

i bet, and all but BB call.

turn is the 8h, UTG comes out betting.

i have no read on UTG nor any of the players behind me.

whats the correct play here?

i'll post what i did and results later.

thanks.

Ulysses
01-07-2003, 06:53 AM
whats the correct play here?

Fold.

PokerPrince
01-07-2003, 09:16 AM
Muck it.

PokerPrince

Kurn, son of Mogh
01-07-2003, 10:49 AM
looks like an easy fold to me.

Tyler Durden
01-07-2003, 10:58 AM
You have just four outs to broadway. Easy fold.

STOSH1
01-07-2003, 03:38 PM
I would say 3 clean outs to broadway (possible chop)and any K is a killer. (Kh is a 4-flush and Kd gives any 10 broadway) The very real possibility is you're drawing dead against a made hand. AK,AQ,AJ,QQ,JJ,QJ,88,any 2 hearts, and for the looser cold callers, A8,Q8,J8,K-10,A-10,even Ax.
What 3 hands can you put the cold callers and UTG on that you can beat or even draw out on?

I constantly fight the "damn it was such a good hand before the flop, I just can't fold it" battle in my mind. My own biggest leak is not folding a big pre flop hand soon enough when I'm 99% sure it's beat.

ChipWrecked
01-07-2003, 04:37 PM
Amen, brother. That's my main leak as well. I guess that's where that nasty 'discipline' comes in. After waiting so long for a decent hand, it hurts to see a raggedy flop. I take solace in watching the stacks of the 'junk' players melt away as the game goes on, and give myself a pat on the back as they pull out another C-note... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif