PDA

View Full Version : Silly mistake/bluff in WSOP

LLKOOLK1
06-09-2005, 02:15 AM
Blinds 100-200..Im sitting with 2900in chips. I pick up 77 in mid position and bump it to 700 to go. The tournement was the second chace event and was down to aprox 100 people from the original 300. The CO, with 4500 in chips, goes into the tank, and after almost a minute, he makes the call.
The blind fold and we take a flop of K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif The action is on me, and I stall beofre checking, fearing that this flop really hit my opponents range of hands. He quckly checks behind me and I adjust my read to include smaller pairs, but Iam still tenative and check the turn, 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
He bets out 1000 into the 1700 chip pot, and I smell weakness. I count my chips and move in for my remaining stack of 2,200 or 1200 more.
He pauses and calls.
He turns 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif
and the river is a brick and im out.
I understand that this is virtaully an automatice call for him, and obviouly not a spot for me to bluff, but I really read him for a weak hand, possibly qj-q10 or 44-88, and the most obvious play would have been a push on the flop, but I didnt have the feel that i got after his bet of a 1000. It just seems like the whole play was extremly weak tight,
What do you think?

CardSharpCook
06-09-2005, 03:11 AM
it looks like he sensed weakness as well. Honestly though, you don't have any FE here. You gotta let go.

Stickleback
06-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Could you have raised less pre-flop, say 500. Given yourself a more favourable stack/pot ratio post flop?

Steve