PDA

View Full Version : WSOP travel thread

eastbay
06-09-2005, 01:36 AM
Post travel times/meetup plans here. I am trying to figure out the best weekend to go, and will be traveling without the wife, so a chance to meet up with a few folks for a beer or a few hands might make for a good time.

eastbay

FatalError
06-09-2005, 02:33 AM
It'd be interesting to meet some of the STT players
I'll be staying at the wynn from the 6th to the 12th playing between 2-5 and 10-20 NL... maybe visiting the 30-60 limit at bellagio also

Not to mention the spearmint rhino /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Gramps
06-09-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not to mention the spearmint rhino

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a chewing gum manufacturer or something...??? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barrett's Last Privateer
06-09-2005, 04:26 AM
I'm staying at Luxor from July 10 to July 13, so just around for some of the middle days of the ME.

Not sure that will be a good time to be meeting up, many people may be WSOP-ed out by then, but it's a long way to come from Australia, so I didn't have huge flexibility on dates!

Happy to meet for beer and/or cards if anyone is interested.

BLP

Degen
06-09-2005, 07:05 AM
I'll be arriving on the 16th and plan to play a bunch of satellites that day and play in the NLHE Shootout event on 6/17. For those who don't know, that tournament is basically a conference room full of SNG's with the winner of each one moving on in the tournament and the 9 others losing. I figure I'll have at least a slight edge on the average player in this one.

Staying at the Wynn from 6/16-6/19 (4 nights) and will be with a large pack of drunken 20-25 year old dudes.

Andre

PS We may have some extra bed space Thursday and Sunday night so if any non creepy old dudes /images/graemlins/cool.gif wanna crash and pitch in a few bucks PM me.

the_joker
06-09-2005, 08:41 AM
I'll be there 7/6 through 7/16 staying at the Mirage. I'll buy you as many beers as you want for writing such a cool program /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Degen
06-09-2005, 09:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not to mention the spearmint rhino

[/ QUOTE ]

word

BEST*STRIP CLUB*IN THE WORLD!!!

Andre

burningyen
06-09-2005, 09:28 AM
7/7-7/16, lucked into playing in the main event and staying at the Rio for at least the 1st 5 days. It'd be great to meet you guys.

stupidsucker
06-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Eastbay want to carpool?(my car)

Don't know if the details would work out, but I am planning to leave the 5th.. You can buy a single ticket home for whenever you want. Email or PM me if you have any ideas. I am semi flexible.

GtrHtr
06-09-2005, 12:27 PM
I will be in town during the ME. Don't know where I'm staying yet, the Rio is the usual, but that ain't happening.

eastbay
06-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Sounds fun but I'm gonna have to fly both legs. I really shouldn't be going at all due to various things going on, but taking a Sat/Sun seems too fun to pass up. Taking an extra day for a car trip isn't going to fit in, though.

If by chance I don't catch up with you while there, good luck in the ME.

eastbay

stupidsucker
06-09-2005, 01:28 PM
No worries. I assumed it would be a long shot, but I wanted to extend the invitation. I have no idea if my stay is going to be 1 day or 12 days anyways.

If we are down there the same time then we will get together, but most of the good action(2+2 wise) will probably be gone by then. No idea how many are playing in the ME.

soh538
06-14-2005, 06:52 PM
I will be in Vegas from June 30th till July 10th, and i am looking for satellites for the 3K limit tourney. If anyone has any info please post it.It would a great birthday present if i could get into the Big One, as my birthday is on the 7th. I will also try out the tourney's at the Palms during the day, so if any people are meeting let me know.