PDA

View Full Version : What's your play here?

The Stranger
06-09-2005, 01:13 AM
You're driving down the road in a regular-sized car, in the right hand lane, wanting to turn right at the light. The road has two lanes going each direction, no turning lanes. As you approach the green light, right in front of you is a 35 foot truck in the left side of the right lane with its right turn signal on. The truck is very slowly trying to negotiate a wide turn.

ClaytonN
06-09-2005, 01:14 AM
Thankfully I've never had to deal with this scenario, btu I learned from driving school not to f*ck with wide-turning semis. Easy way to get into a wreck.

gunt
06-09-2005, 01:14 AM
let the truck go.... where do you have to be so fast?

The Stranger
06-09-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
let the truck go.... where do you have to be so fast?

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you. I am the guy in the truck, and a lot of people have been failing this test lately.

Tyler Durden
06-09-2005, 01:20 AM
awesome AWESOME icon

ClaytonN
06-09-2005, 01:21 AM
TD are you ever changing your location, or is that staying with the Family Guy avatar?

Anders_G
06-09-2005, 07:13 AM
People who mess in this situation deserve to be wrecked - the more expensive the car the better.

Reef
06-09-2005, 07:51 AM
unless I'm about to crap/pee my pants, I wait

Easy E
06-09-2005, 08:25 AM
I hit the accelerator, try to squeeze by the turning truck and then spend 2 hours explaining to the cops how being an [censored] isn't against the law.

jakethebake
06-09-2005, 08:51 AM
I wait and let the truck go. But that doesn't change the fact that like 90% of truck drivers drive like assholes.

kyro
06-09-2005, 09:07 AM
OK, it may not be amusing at all. But I wanted to punch her when she said this to me. This is my friend's story to me.

Her: So I'm getting on to the highway. You know how on the ramp the left lane merges with the right lane?
Me: I think they merge together, but sure.
Her: Anyways. This old couple, in like a 1990 minivan, cut me off. So I beeped my horn. AND THEY FLIPPED ME OFF. So I flipped them off back, and they flipped me off back, so I flipped them off back. Then when we got on the highway, I passed them and cut them off. Then, I called the police and left an anonymous phone tip saying an old couple was driving recklessly and probably shouldn't have their licenses.
Me: ...

By the way. This is word for word. The 4 straight flipping offs were classic.

The Stranger
06-09-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wait and let the truck go. But that doesn't change the fact that like 90% of truck drivers drive like assholes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree somewhat. But most of the time, with how the unwashed masses drive around trucks, we have to do something pretty aggressive or we'll never get to change lanes.

Some dude the other day went around me on the rear side of my truck when I was trying to back into my driveway in an industrial neighborhood. Then he got all pissed off when I didn't stop. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jakethebake
06-09-2005, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Some dude the other day went around me on the rear side of my truck when I was trying to back into my driveway in an industrial neighborhood. Then he got all pissed off when I didn't stop. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. Lots of idiots driving all kinds of vehicles. /images/graemlins/grin.gif