PDA

View Full Version : A7 stop & go from BB

SkittleBrau
06-09-2005, 01:04 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG and SB are brand new to the table.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls. If I'm ahead, I'm not that far ahead. I figure I don't really want to build a huge pot here with a reraise. Or should I?

Turn: (4.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, SB calls. Turn doesn't figure to help except if someone has a Q, but I'm planning to fold to a raise here.

River: (6.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks. Not much I beat can call me here, right?

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

Lmn55d
06-09-2005, 01:08 AM
kind of interesting hand. I think the stop n go is ok here, but I think you should definitely bet the river against SB. There is a lot you can beat that will call.

JrJordan
06-09-2005, 01:20 AM
Eh, I think the river check is marginal. It completes the flush draw if that's why SB cold called two on the flop. Still, he could also have a lower 7 that would call you for value. If you're feeling confident that this guy aint too tricky, I might bet/fold but more often than not get stuck with bet/call.

SkittleBrau
06-09-2005, 01:20 AM
Since the flush draw got there and the straight cards/pair of queens are probably also looking somewhat scary to the SB, I didn't think he'd call down with any smaller pair or A high. Maybe a crying call from a 67 that got counterfeited on the river?

Lmn55d
06-09-2005, 01:28 AM
67 definitely calls. Any 6 or 7 calls, as well as any 3 that got there. Ace high often calls. When someone gets to the river with a pair at 5/10 6max they hardly ever fold it. Especially when the river pairs the board and they think you might be bluffing something.

EDIT: Also, that's a scary river for someone with a pair of 7s like you have. A lot of times the SB doesn't go for a checkraise with a flush.

SkittleBrau
06-09-2005, 01:29 AM
He's brand new, so I had no idea if he was tricky or not. This is a non-6max table so I expect fewer river calls with really marginal stuff than at a 6max table. Being ahead more than half the time when called felt like a stretch to me, but I do tend to wuss out on the river sometimes.

SkittleBrau
06-09-2005, 01:50 AM
I'm becoming a little more convinced but since SB cold-called preflop and is totally unknown, I'm guessing he's on a flush or straight draw. Even for really loose-passive fish, I think it's tough to cold-call two on the flop with middle/bottom pair in this spot.

Lmn55d
06-09-2005, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Even for really loose-passive fish, I think it's tough to cold-call two on the flop with middle/bottom pair in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fortunately, it's not.

mperich
06-09-2005, 05:40 AM
Looks good, call down if raised I guess. Also bet the river, please.

-Mike