PDA

View Full Version : This is why poker will always be profitable.......

folded_a_monster
01-07-2003, 02:34 AM
The following two situations occurred in the same session, which makes me believe all is right in the world. In a recent trip to Atlantic City, poker capital of ..............um...... well, New Jersey I guess, I was playing the coveted pink chip holdem game (7.5/15) where the chips fly like crap in a monkey cage. Something about those pink $2.50 chips makes guys wanna throw them around. Anyway, the following board is shown: 4 A J J Q . Heads up showdown with a few raises on the flop and turn, and I have AT against his A4. Dealer says chop, starts dividing the chips and the guy screams "Wait a minute!" and cries tha he has Aces and fours. I laugh and say "OK, you can have aces and fours, I'll take the pot." Everybody chuckles except the guy, who looks like this: /forums/images/icons/confused.gif . It took 5 minutes to explain why the pot was chopped. After doing pretty well at that table, I jump stakes to 10-20-30 holdem, and the following board comes, in this order: 4 4 4 T 4. Five handed, flop is checked, turn is checked, river is bet by utg+1, I raise in LP with an A (nuts), and bettor thinks and mucks. The guy next to the bettor queries "What the hell could he be raising with on that board?" The bettor takes five minutes to explain that four 4s with an Ace is the nuts. Poker fever, catch it!!