PDA

View Full Version : "Madagascar" review

ClaytonN
06-09-2005, 12:11 AM
Went to see this movie tonight.

All in all, it was an entertaining movie. The animation is crisp and the jokes are written well and don't detract from the story itself.

The penguins are awesome. Schwimmer's giraffe character rules. Chris Rock's zebra character seemed out of place, and Stiller's lion character was meh, okay. Jada Pinkett Smith as the hippo was very meh. But yeah. The lemurs were cool.

Anyways, the flaws with the movie are this, and it can work both ways: This movie is only 80 minutes long. The plot develops fairly quickly and there are no dull spots. At the same time, there isn't much character development beyond the friendship between the zebra and the lion.

The movie is a perfect fit for taking your kids, if you have any, because the movie is so short and fast-paced that they will keep watching and not bug you. At the same time, you're back home with your kids maybe an hour or so earlier than you would have wanted.

The movie, like the Shrek series, incooroprates a lot of tributes to other movies. I might have missed some, but they harp on Planet of the Apes, American Beauty, Castaway, etc.

All in all, a good movie for what it is. Had this movie been longer, I might have liked it more. Had more of a "TV Movie" feel to it because you were looking at your watch thinking "Holy crap, it's already ending".

But, for what it is, entertaining. I give it a 7.5 out of 10

Jurollo
06-09-2005, 01:23 AM
You're the kid who just graduated middle school right?

ClaytonN
06-09-2005, 01:33 AM
I was on a date. Blow me.

And no, I'm not in middle school. WTF was the point of your response?

LethalRose
06-09-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're the kid who just graduated middle school right?

[/ QUOTE ]

pixarish cartoons kick ass lay off him or I'll......

BusterStacks
06-09-2005, 01:39 AM
Ignore him, he sucks. has for a long time...