PDA

View Full Version : Fun new mmorpg in open beta. Face of Mankind.

Eihli
06-08-2005, 11:52 PM
I just started messing around with this game for about an hour and it left one hell of a first impression on me. I'm a big fps and action fan. I don't want to run around doing missions or quests or killing a computer controlled monster. I want to kill people. So, I log in and run around viewing the sub-par graphics, trying to figure out the interface and how I can kill the first person I see. I see I've got a gun in my inventory but I can't figure out how to use it. I run up to a group of people huddled around this terminal thing talking and I ask them how to use my gun. "Like this" *tatatatatat* [dead] Everything in my inventory was looted. I jizzed all over the keyboard when I realized what happened. That felt so good. It's been years since that has happened to me in an mmorpg.

All these mmorpg's coming out now are toned down where you only have to fight other players if you want to. And then when you do finally fight someone, there is no risk of losing anything, and the only reward for winning is the "pride" and "honor". Anyway like I said I've only played for about an hour, but things are looking good. www.fomportal.com (http://www.fomportal.com) if you want to play the open beta.