PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Star

Willy
06-08-2005, 11:07 PM
If anyone here says Danny Nguyen played good poker, I'm going to puke.

CieloAzor
06-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Dude was a fish from start to finish.

oreogod
06-08-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If anyone here says Danny Nguyen played good poker, I'm going to puke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I turned it off after Gus got knocked out. I dont know who won, but both of them are complete jokes.

Doc, or statue, whatever his name is, calling 800,000 on an unimproved AQo with 3 outs was without a doubt one of the most retard plays Ive seen.

The Danny guy was a complete idiot as well. The man is a dealer, but it appeared he didnt know anything about hand selection or odds. I doubt he'll ever be able to get to any sort of final table in the future with his play.

PygmyHero
06-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Well I think that settles the 'who is the luckiest WPT player of all time' argument. (Of course, when I say that I mean based on the broadcasts ONLY since that's all most of us have seen).

This goes far beyone Erick Brenes cracking Layne Flack's bigger pocket pair, Tuan Le's AK beating Bradley Berman's KK, or Alex Brenes' AT beating Jesus' pocket aces.

I can't believe the number of suck outs he put on the table. It seemed like he was always way behind in the hand only to catch the most inconceivable card (or sometimes COMBINATION of cards).

Luckiest. Player. Ever.

WVMountainSnake
06-08-2005, 11:25 PM
I knew when he hit the running sevens he had to win it. He made horrible calls and plays the whole way. Most of the table did. It was suckout city. How did some of those players make it to a final table? It amazes me.

illogical
06-08-2005, 11:25 PM
Not a joke...Danny played good poker.

WVMountainSnake
06-08-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know Danny's brother posted on this site.

TheShootah
06-08-2005, 11:28 PM
I hope he goes pro, only to lose all the money he won. That would be justice.

TheShootah
06-08-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really even know what to say to this guy. All in with A7d, 34 offsuit, 59 with only a gutshot, I mean, jesus, oh yes, the rivered wheel. I am disgusted with this entire episode. The genius that called the 800k with AQ was also just excellent. (not really) /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Willy
06-08-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
There it goes just lost my dinner!

ThaHero
06-08-2005, 11:41 PM
It makes you not even want to play poker!

tortugagrande
06-08-2005, 11:58 PM
can some one tell me what happened on the final hand? I know he drew out with running 7's, but the rest of the hand?

-Skeme-
06-09-2005, 12:26 AM
I'm 20 minutes into it, but I liked his bet on the turn with 43. It looked like he hit his gutshot with QT. I think he should've bet a little more or check-raised, but whatever. I like when people do weird stuff at the tables. His check on the river sucked, though.

fireman664
06-09-2005, 01:01 AM
You dont DOMINATE like he did last year and not be great (card player of the year...11 final tables $4.5mil in winnings)

you may not like him, but come on.....It's like Hellmuth.....9 bracelets and more final tables at big events than anyone. Results speak. (even if he is an ass)

tdizzle
06-09-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You dont DOMINATE like he did last year and not be great (card player of the year...11 final tables $4.5mil in winnings)

you may not like him, but come on.....It's like Hellmuth.....9 bracelets and more final tables at big events than anyone. Results speak. (even if he is an ass)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong Daniel N smart guy. That is daniel negreanu not Danny Nguyen.

HamJam
06-09-2005, 01:28 AM
As much as its true that Danny Nguyen's play was subpar, you have to admit it was slightly refreshing to see an amateur act like a professional. He hits running 7's in the pot against Shandor Zoopacinagfski and not a word comes out of his mouth, like that's what he's been doing the whole tournament. Which is the show was any indication, it was.

JihadOnTheRiver
06-09-2005, 01:44 AM
I took a Hiatus from watching these WPT's as my old cable didn't get travel. This is the first one I've watched in a year and a half. I'm not usually one to comment on people being retarded and getting crazy lucky, as most people have at least some skill to get to a final table, but seriously. Has there ever been a more disgusting display of poker at a big tourny final table in the history of poker? I honestly doubt it. I won't go into all the details of each hand, but it seems like every hand has been played 75-100% poorly by one player aor another. Folding KTd on the button, calling off your entire stack with A high, calling a 350K bet with a gutshot? Jesus. This is terrible.

Dynasty
06-09-2005, 02:03 AM
Almost all you guys are a bunch of whiny nits. This was, by far, the most entertaining episode of the WPT ever.

jon462
06-09-2005, 02:05 AM
Danny N: Hope for all PP fish everywhere.

I predict Party's WSOP steps will get a boost as a result of this episode! (Anyone can win guys)

SossMan
06-09-2005, 02:09 AM
at least he erred on the aggressive side.

Smoothcall
06-09-2005, 03:18 AM
Pretty scary when Gus Hansen is the grinding nit at the table. It was ok to watch for comic relief.

igotBlackJak
06-09-2005, 03:21 AM
reason danny did not react to hitting runner 7, 7, is because he too dumb to realize wtf just happened...

raisethatmofo
06-09-2005, 03:49 AM

2easy
06-09-2005, 04:00 AM
it was worth the price of admission times ten to see gus being "outgussed."

and the posture/look he had was priceless.

pretty obvious that he doesn't much enjoy being on the receiving end of being "gussed" to death.

for that reason alone, even though it was some of the most horrific poker i have seen on a wpt event, it was one of my favorite episodes ever.

dibbs
06-09-2005, 04:14 AM
Watched about halfway through and thought it was hilarious.

Crap like this helps the world of poker, I think we should be thankful. Hell I was wishing Sexton would have gone easier on the guy to show the audience that gamb00ling is fun and goot.

JMO.

Boris
06-09-2005, 05:04 AM
Hot off the presses rumor from those in the know: Danny Nguyen is playing hi-limit (not sure how high) at the Bellagio right now. Better get down there while the gettin is good.

raisethatmofo
06-09-2005, 05:35 AM

grass
06-09-2005, 06:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong Daniel N smart guy. That is daniel negreanu not Danny Nguyen.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahhahahahahha

grass
06-09-2005, 06:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
reason danny did not react to hitting runner 7, 7, is because he too dumb to realize wtf just happened...

[/ QUOTE ]

you'll pissed in your [censored] pants playing at his table.

grass
06-09-2005, 07:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wait, let me buy a $200 plane ticket so I can get to the bellagio.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you wanna railbird danny n.??