PDA

View Full Version : The neighborhood I live in....

bholdr
06-08-2005, 11:02 PM
...is a lot of fun, but is also filled up with FUKED up characters:

Today, I finished painting an apartment in the building that I mangae, and right as I'm Stepping outside to head down to the pub and have some PBR (mmmmm... PBR...), some degenerate outside the building trys to get me into a fight!

This was totally out of the blue, I'd never seen the guy before. He looked hispanic, shaved head, big dude (way bigger than me, anyway), and was covered in... his own feces. He had appearently shat himself because he was so drunk/high/whatever. He took a swing at me, I backed out of the way (he was pretty wasted).

He said "c'mon, pussy, don't you want to fight? I'll destroy you!"

And I say "no, i don't wanna fight, and i don't want to get your sht on me either, you dirty motherfuker!"

Luckily for me, some poor little nerd-lookin' guy walked by at about the same time and became the new focus for this k-hole's aggression- he hit the kid a couple times before I decided to get between them- I don't want some passerby to get beat down outside my building just because I'm to scared (and i was scared- who knows if this dude's got a knife, a desiese, etc) to help him out, and i figured that the two of us could take the drunk down if it came to that.

Meanwhile, a girl accross the street yells out "HEY! do you want me to call the cops?!" I don't know why she bothered to ask, because it was obviously cop-time. So she gets on her cell phone while the drunk is screaming at her from accross the street: "I'll Fukkin' rape you, Bitch! I'll KILL you!"

jesus.

So she ducked into a building and locked the door behind her, the nerdy kid ran took off running as fast as he could, and I was suddenly left alone to deal with this raging drunk/wasted/whatever psycho until the cops got there, which , in this part of town, can be anywhere from ten seconds flat to an hour. I wisely (i think) ducked back into my building and called the cops myself.

Well, this dickhead HAD to fight someone, and I was the only one he could see, but I was behind the half-inch of glass that's the door to the apartment building that i manage. So what does he do? look for a softer mark to beat down? nooooo.... he starts trying to break the glass (good luck, buddy) with his HEAD (very -EV, IMO). He looked like he would do it, too, or knock himself out trying, so I went and got my wepon of choice, which is a fire extuinguisher. In my experience, shooting an ass hiole with an extinguisher calms 'em down real quick, and even if it doesn't, well, you've got a heavy steel cylinder to use if they charge you, and they're blind from the halon to boot. I was pretty damn freaked out at this point (<---understatement of the day).

Luckily, the cops arrived and subdued him before he broke the glass (he had figutred out that his head probably wasn't the best tool to use and had started kicking it- it was only a matter of time before he broke through).

The cops, obviously, hadled him easily, one cop ran up behind him and took his legs out with one of those collapsing clubs, and another two pinned him down. they almost tased the motherfuker, and i actually was hoping they would- I've never seen that before. They had to strip him of his shtt stained sweatpants vefore they put him in the cruiser. He was shouting at me as they drove off "I'm gonna come back and KILL you motherfukker!", but i don't think he'll actually even remember me, much less come back later, and if he does, it'll be shoot-first-ask-questions-later. (got my extuinguisher by the door, now.) *sighs*

Anyway... I filed the report and went to the bar, shot some terrible pool and tried (unsuccesfully) to flirt with the local hotties. Got a little buzz and here I am, getting ready to do the pokeracenow party bonus (my project for the night).

This neighborhood is great, lotsa fine women, good bars, everything is walking distance... if you don't mind putting up with the occasional soiled mainiac.

just thought i'd share.