PDA

View Full Version : SB/BB

sfer
06-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Party 5/10 6 max. Folded to me in the SB and I raise with Qc 8s. My image is pretty trashy and LAG. Unknown BB 3-bets and I call.

9c 7h 5c. Check/bet/call.

6c. I donkbet, BB calls.

Ad. I check.

wheelz
06-08-2005, 10:55 PM
If he's unknown, I'm betting the river.

SomethingClever
06-08-2005, 11:30 PM
I don't like checkraising unknowns on the river (seems like it gets checked through too often), but this seems like a good time for it.

Were you going for the bet/3-bet line on the turn?

Surfbullet
06-09-2005, 12:03 AM
I like it. Sometimes he'll check through 1 pair hands that would have called, but often he'll have hit that ace and bet it & call the raise, or have UI broadways and bluff at you.

Surf

scrub
06-09-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party 5/10 6 max. Folded to me in the SB and I raise with Qc 8s. My image is pretty trashy and LAG. Unknown BB 3-bets and I call.

9c 7h 5c. Check/bet/call.

6c. I donkbet, BB calls.

Ad. I check.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're in under your head.

scrub

Trix
06-09-2005, 12:24 AM
if itīs trashy and lag, then he may raise you if he hit the A. I think he will check through hands he would have called too often to go for the check-raise here.

The only thing that would make me want to check is the get a bluff from XX with 1 club, but since your image is LAG, he may just give up, especially if he has any high card str.

sthief09
06-09-2005, 12:29 AM
I don't get involved at all here when my image is "trashy and LAG"

ALL1N
06-09-2005, 12:39 AM
IMO you are giving too much respect to his preflop raise. If you're LAG and trashy, he doesn't have to have high cards to do this, so I don't think the ace is a reason for him to bet all that often.

Also, given your image and the Q-high flush blocker, I'd have CR'ed the turn.

Entity
06-09-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get involved at all here when my image is "trashy and LAG"

[/ QUOTE ]

Me neither.

billyjex
06-09-2005, 02:18 AM
i don't think you'll make more money here by C/R and having him call that than you would just by betting out here.

spydog
06-09-2005, 03:34 AM
This is a great card for villian to raise if he has an ace, but also a card that he may check behind on the river if he has no ace since you played your hand so strangely. How many times in your poker life have you value bet a pair the entire way and suddenly get raised on an Ace river and been shown AJ or something? This is revenge time. Bet that river and 3-bet if he has an ace.

So checking will yield you less bets from an Ace in the long haul because you deprive yourself of a bet/3-bet opportunity. Checking also risks getting no bets out of a frightened underpair to the ace.

I don't get it.

imitation
06-09-2005, 03:38 AM
Hate it CR the turn and lead the the river, it's just so much more logical given the texture of the board and your image. You'll get paid the most this way. And possibly might have gotten the chance to 3-bet the river.

sfer
06-09-2005, 04:58 PM
I'm raising any Q in that spot regardless of my image, whether it's good or bad I dunno.

As for the turn, I wanted to get raised and expected to get raised by any reasonable hand since it looks like such bullshit. When he called I figured his most likely hand was an unimproved Ace or a hand with a J that wanted to see a free river with a gutshot, or a big club that picked up 9 outs. On the river, the Ace is a good scare card against my range of hands, and I figured he would valuebluff just about any hand that could call the turn.

Anyway, I checked, he bet, I checkraised, he called and MHIG. He had AJ.

Michael Davis
06-09-2005, 05:30 PM
Q8 simply too good to fold. Even with the image of a complete maniac who could not possibly ever steal the blind you should limp. Usually that flop's worth going after but I thought your image-based adjustment was fine.

Q2/Q3/Q4ish complete trash.

-Michael

StellarWind
06-09-2005, 07:16 PM
If I didn't know SB very well (reasonable assumption as you don't know BB) I would suspect some random board pair that flinched when the ace hit. I'm not bluffing and I'm taking the free showdown with a lot of modest hands that I would also call with. Catch me with an ace and you can win two bets.

Most unknown players will probably have a very different thought process but you'll be disappointed anyway. The board just radiates that you have something you have to show but you're afraid of the numerous monsters. You'll only get the extra bet from a hand of considerable substance while losing many calls.

However those posters who expect to be raised by an ace are not too realistic. The turn is hell and those who started calling down are unlikely to think an ace changes much. They think that somewhere between the 3-flush, 4-straight, and ace overcard you might have reconsidered betting your stupid pair of nines. That's probably what they would do in your place. So why should they raise top pair?