PDA

View Full Version : A post about not posting (mild rant content)

no1super2001
06-08-2005, 10:46 PM
Maybe it is me, and maybe it is not my place, but I think there are too many hand posts right now. Particularly too many hand posts by strangers without reads or context.

The forums are here for everyone, and I do not wish to exclude anyone. The FAQ's give guidelines for posting hands that I do not think are being followed. Think about responding to 5 or more posts for each post you put up. I have seen several threads that could have become interesting strategy discussions die from dilution in the last few days.

I cannot help but believe everyone would benefit from more in-depth discussions.

The bottom line is that you will get more out of the forums if you put your opinions and reasoning out for scrutiny, rather that just having the answer given to you.

But that's just my opinion...

thesharpie
06-08-2005, 11:03 PM
It has gotten a little shitty lately. You thread reminded me to bump this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2089249&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1).

topspin
06-08-2005, 11:11 PM
There are plenty of good hand posts with good discussion going on -- every "real" hand post on the first 2 pages has at least 5 replies, and most have more. 6 months ago the new post to content ratio was much worse.

I do wish that the flood of whiny posts about suckouts, downswings, and cracked aces would slow a bit though.