PDA

View Full Version : K8o bb

dantheman_05
06-08-2005, 10:41 PM
PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, Hero ??

call getting 9:1 and check fold to a river bet? he odvioulsy hit the flop and waited until the turn to raise. the opponent was a TAG btw.

also should i fold this from the bb preflop?

kidcolin
06-08-2005, 11:03 PM
Calling preflop really depends on the cutoff. He really devalues your hand by having position on you and his presence makes the SBs raise much more legit.

My guess is CO either slowplayed a big pair or hit a set. Calling and seeing the river might be OK, and check call if you hit, fold if you miss. I don't think folding right there would be that bad. If he has an overpair, you have 5 outs, if he has A8 or 87 you have 3, and if he has a set you're dead. So it's pretty close, IMO.