PDA

View Full Version : J9 on button late

Isura
06-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t1043)
UTG (t1820)
MP (t1483)
Hero (t1680)
SB (t1974)

Preflop: 2 folds, Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

I've been busting out in a lot of these situations in 4th-5th (2nd or 3rd in chips, then lose in a hand like this). I suspect I'm overdoing my blind steals. Easy fold? I pushed in the hand.

GoldenHorde
06-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Yep thats a push

RobGW
06-08-2005, 10:51 PM
What do you consider in these situations before pushing? Its important because these situations come up often and mastering this part of the game is crucial to your ROI.

Rex Ruthless
06-08-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you consider in these situations before pushing? Its important because these situations come up often and mastering this part of the game is crucial to your ROI.

[/ QUOTE ]

your stack size relative to the stacks of the blinds
- do they have you way covered enough to gamble to bust you? are they shortstacked and obligated to call?

your stack size relative to the blinds
- at stack size of about 10x BB or less, its all in or fold

your read on the blinds
- do they always defend or do they only call with a good hand?

your read on how the blinds read you
- have you been caught stealing? have you been caught raising with crap or have you only shown premium hands?

thesharpie
06-08-2005, 11:28 PM
I would fold as BB has almost 1/3 of his stack invested and is the short stack. After he posts his BB and SB he'll have almost half the chips he has now if he folds, I just don't see him folding here unless he's an idiot.