PDA

View Full Version : Was this an example of me being gunshy?

dawade
06-08-2005, 10:25 PM
I am in the midst of a huge downswing and I figure when both players call on the river one of them has a K.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (9 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB

bozlax
06-08-2005, 10:32 PM
Yikes! The only reason I can think of for checking the river is to raise the bet that comes from MP1. One of them has QJ, the other has, uh, AQ? QT? 99? Who knows, but you definitely would have heard from a king before now.

milesdyson
06-08-2005, 10:33 PM
Bet the river.

Also...
[ QUOTE ]
I figure when both players call on the river one of them has a K.

[/ QUOTE ]
They don't have to both call the river for your bet to be for value. If one folds 9T and the other calls with J5, it's for value. Also keep in mind there are 3 unseen Js and 2 unseen Ks.

bozlax
06-08-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I figure when both players call on the river one of them has a K.

[/ QUOTE ]

And when one of them flips that king you type into the little chat-box, "Thanks for not taking more of my money." (If you're leaving the table. Staying, type, "nh.")

Kumubou
06-08-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am in the midst of a huge downswing and I figure when both players call on the river one of them has a K.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your play is inconsistent. If you think someone has a K from the flop on, you may as well just dump it now. (But that's weak-tight) If you think your hand is best (and it probably is) keep firing.

I know the feeling too. :\ I guess I can take solstice in the fact that a 100BB downswing really should be 125BBs, except that the villans do not like money.

-K

dawade
06-08-2005, 10:44 PM
Believe me - I've said ty to like 3 ppl today they say what for I said for not taking more of my money!

RandBriscoe
06-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Any K usually waits for the turn to raise this. I doubt he waits for the river. After you escape the turn unscathed, I fire again and call a river raise...

Before you lament your huge downswing, I just had a 300+ BB downswing (and it might still be going). I'm sure my losery play had something to do with it but I was over 3BB/100 thru 22k hands before it started so it's uber-painful. 100 BB swings happen at least every month of two...dont sweat it.