PDA

View Full Version : Best line in WPT history

Hermlord
06-08-2005, 09:36 PM
WPT right now, I think it's new.

Mike Sexton: "These two Nguyens are not related, but you could say we have a Nguyen-Nguyen situation right here!"

Awesome!!

GuruCane
06-08-2005, 09:40 PM
How has nobody totally trashed Capt. Face Twist yet? I mean if this jerkoff doesn't fit the definition of douchebag, I don't know who does. What an assclown this guy is.

Hermlord
06-08-2005, 09:41 PM
I just turned it on like 30sec ago, but....yes. He's a tool.

spoohunter
06-08-2005, 09:56 PM
You got to give some credit to "And he picks up the weapons of mass destruction" (AA)

SoftcoreRevolt
06-08-2005, 10:13 PM
I'm shocked that Danny Nguyen hasn't reached Tuan Le levels of haterade yet on this forum.

toss
06-08-2005, 10:23 PM
I don't get Mike Sexton's joke. If he's trying to make it sound like "win-win situation" then I won't even acknowledge it as a joke.

Tim H
06-08-2005, 10:27 PM
danny is getting lucky as hell ... runner runner 7's twice lol

Sykes
06-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Wow. I don't think I can complain about another bad beat ever again.

Running 7's to take the win away from AK on a 5K5 board vs A7.

Jesus christ.

TomHimself
06-08-2005, 10:32 PM
danny is a donkey and a half. hmm i got a gutshot, let it ride. so lucky lol

thedude4life
06-08-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You got to give some credit to "And he picks up the weapons of mass destruction" (AA)

[/ QUOTE ]

in a similar vein, i would say that vince van patten calling tony g "the osama bin laden of poker" is the best line in WPT history

bigbrett
06-08-2005, 10:37 PM
I was kind of partial to "All you can eat, baby."

My wife has told me that, contrary to what I believe, I don't have to remember that one next time I play.

cpitt398
06-08-2005, 10:40 PM
it does sound like win-win situation

TheShootah
06-08-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's a tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty clear he wants to look like Gus Hansen but can't, because he's a D-Bag.

TheMainEvent
06-08-2005, 10:43 PM
How about:
Jay: "It'll make good TV at least"
Gus: "I wasn't thinking about TV when I bet the 800,000"

MDO67
06-08-2005, 10:50 PM
So does the Dr. win or does Nguyen win? Hansen just knocked out. I thought I saw in Bluff magazine that the Dr. wins this one.

- Mark

ClassicBob
06-08-2005, 10:52 PM
Waiting ten minutes to find out is going to suck.

TheShootah
Nope, Danny "Super Suckout I suck really bad" Nguyen wins...I think...

bolgenmod
[ QUOTE ]
So does the Dr. win or does Nguyen win? Hansen just knocked out. I thought I saw in Bluff magazine that the Dr. wins this one.

- Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really want us to spoil the last 3 minutes??

bolgenmod
06-08-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm shocked that Danny Nguyen hasn't reached Tuan Le levels of haterade yet on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that might be because Tuan Le actually does know how to play and thus makes people jealous. This Danny N seems to be a total maniac and thus can be dismissed.

MDO67
06-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Here it goes...$4,000,000 pot. Doc is almost out of it.

TheMainEvent
06-08-2005, 10:56 PM
I think we have yet to see a dealer in televised poker that has not been a total maniac

MDO67
06-08-2005, 10:58 PM
You were right...I will have to look at Bluff to see what the article really was about.

GuruCane
06-08-2005, 10:59 PM
You beat me to this. Danny doesn't act like he is the bomb. Instead, he shrugs and enjoys donking it up. Tuan Le is one nasty mutha f----!

As for our frat boy tool box (can't believe he didn't pop his collar), he thought he was the man. Danny showed him otherwise. ;-)

Hold'me
06-08-2005, 11:03 PM
I agree. Corey was such a Gus wanna-be to the point of it being sad, I felt satisfaction when Danny finally knocked him out. Danny was one lucky mofo though but I still liked him /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Sykes
06-08-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think we have yet to see a dealer in televised poker that has not been a total maniac

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is Joe Awada and Scott Fischman?

GuruCane
06-08-2005, 11:40 PM
Make no mistake, as much as we're laughing at Danny, any of us (other than some of the truly great players that post on this forum) would kill to be where Danny ended up--donk or no donk. The man saw his shot at freedom and took it, Good for him--that's a lot of tokes. I salute him.

Viva las sietes corriendas!!!

-Skeme-
06-09-2005, 12:02 AM
Incorrect. When VVP called Sentil Khumar "The Calcutta Cardsmith" is the correct answer.

Army Eye
06-09-2005, 12:17 AM
good one, but Vince Van Patten saying that Hon Le looked like nobody showed up for his birthday, I think that one is still the best.

TheCroShow
06-09-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
good one, but Vince Van Patten saying that Hon Le looked like nobody showed up for his birthday, I think that one is still the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahhaa yeah that one was ownage, i still remember that episode because that really was the look that Hon Le had on his face.

tewall
06-09-2005, 12:30 AM
Does he set the record for luckiest win. I don't think I've seen 1/2% come through before, and that was just one of many suck outs. 77. Ouch.

It was a day for suck outs and bad calls.

Autocratic
06-09-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Make no mistake, as much as we're laughing at Danny, any of us (other than some of the truly great players that post on this forum) would kill to be where Danny ended up--donk or no donk. The man saw his shot at freedom and took it, Good for him--that's a lot of tokes. I salute him.

Viva las sietes corriendas!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean? I'd kill to be a lottery winner, too, but what Danny did is the equivalent of jumping out of a window and hitting a passing open-roof pillow truck that's in the middle of a gunfight, where each bullet was subsequently dodged, and after which he found himself lying on the winning lottery ticket. He sucks at poker. And this is coming from someone who is barely beating his home game.

TheShootah
06-09-2005, 12:51 AM
This may sound lame, but I was laughing that the WPT actually put up the little 1/2% in the percent boxes for the players. I thought it was hilarious. It was like the WPT was insulting him. It's like, "Look at this jackass, he can't even win this hand 1 time in 100! [censored]!" Maybe it's just me..... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

toots
06-09-2005, 12:53 AM
VVP badly needs a cortical STFU implant, but unfortunately, they'd have to go through his rectum to install it.

ClaytonN
06-09-2005, 12:56 AM
I don't hate Danny Nguyen at all

This dude has been a dealer his entire life, this was his first big tournament. On Hendon Mob database he had 3 cashes prior to the Bay 101, all for around $1,000. And in this one, he makes $1,000,000.

That's why the WPT is so captivating to people like us. It's not a pro or superstar that wins every tournament. Guys like us can win one.

Good for Danny.

-Skeme-
06-09-2005, 01:00 AM
If by us, you mean you. Don't lump me in with a total fish.

ClaytonN
06-09-2005, 01:36 AM
Haha. U aer teh funny.

steaknshake925
06-09-2005, 02:02 AM
how can anyone not like danny nguyen? he's such a good-natured donktastic gamb0000ler. danny n is cool.

btw, who else loved the limp-call w/ 43o on the final hand? it was so blatantly horrible it was genius, must be one of the greatest plays ever on the WPT

ptmusic
06-09-2005, 03:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how can anyone not like danny nguyen? he's such a good-natured donktastic gamb0000ler. danny n is cool.

btw, who else loved the limp-call w/ 43o on the final hand? it was so blatantly horrible it was genius, must be one of the greatest plays ever on the WPT

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, a classic call and result! Even if he thought the other guy was tilting after losing an enormous pot, it was still a laughable call.

-ptmusic

Bartman387
06-09-2005, 04:04 AM
Or how about Mike saying, "Gus is starting to look like Jefferey Dahmer." What the hell does that mean??

SoftcoreRevolt
06-09-2005, 04:07 AM
That hand was fantastic because you knew he had to win, since it's 10:55, so the shows over. So you think to yourself, OK, how's he gonna win. Flopping bottom pair is too obvious. This man is an artist, he doesn't win a dominated hand with a stinking pair.

I assumed runner runner straight, but a one card flush with a 4 was also acceptable.

raisethatmofo
06-09-2005, 04:22 AM

duma
06-09-2005, 04:34 AM
thats what u gotta understand about a lot of these vietnamese players. most see it as purely gambling. if they are feeling lucky or something they will raise with a gutshot draw. thats their style. most of the time their play is based on gut feeling rather than rational thought.

TheCroShow
06-09-2005, 07:05 AM
sounds like i missed a good episode...i live in canada and have only seen up to WPT Season 3, episode 10 =/

wray
06-09-2005, 09:59 AM
Best quote ever IMHO :

Mike the Mouth "What do ya got?"
Layne " You beat"

The Men the Master saying "All you can Eat" was also said by that girl at the WSOP final table of limit hold em last year. She called herslf "The Biatch".

superleeds
06-09-2005, 10:13 AM
I was laughing at that too. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

maryfield48
06-09-2005, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
thats what u gotta understand about a lot of these vietnamese players. most see it as purely gambling. if they are feeling lucky or something they will raise with a gutshot draw. thats their style. most of the time their play is based on gut feeling rather than rational thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think it's genetic or something. And they hit their draws more than they should too. Damn Vietnamese.

DarthIgnurnt
06-09-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If by us, you mean you. Don't lump me in with a total fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a lot of arrogance for someone who sits at the kiddie tables.

-Skeme-
06-09-2005, 12:30 PM
That's not arrogance. I didn't claim I was super good, I'm claiming I am better than that idiot fish/luckbox.

Kyle Stark
06-09-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Best quote ever IMHO :
Mike the Mouth "What do ya got?"
Layne " You beat"

[/ QUOTE ]

I like when Flack asked Kathy Leibert if she was trying to get a read on his fold.

Also when that one dude told Sammy Farha he looked like someone was sleeping with his girl.

But I will nominate:

"he has *insert music* going off in his head" as the cheesiest and most over said line in the history of the world.

PygmyHero
06-09-2005, 02:19 PM
That was Patty Gallagher in case you're interested.

The episode is the limit HE event that John Hennigan wins. Highlights include Ellix Powers and James McManus' "He called me with jack high!" skit.

PygmyHero
06-09-2005, 02:23 PM
I'll second Joe Awada, but Scott Fischman? You're kidding, right?

Scott may not be maniacal in making absolutely horrendous calls, but I think we can expand the maniac definition to include some of his other actions. For example, laying on the table when he won his bracelet last year. Or playing HU and saying "BOOM!" when his card hits (really not that big of a deal but it was funny when a poster on this forum said that made them want to punch Scott in the face).

Certainly actions besides a persons betting sequence can make them a maniac. Unless you're going to try and argue that Phil Laak doesn't behave like a maniac.

RollaJ
06-09-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Damn Vietnamese.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny I was watching Sam Kinison "Breaking The Rules" last night, and he had simmilar thought about the Vietnamese

Sykes
06-09-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll second Joe Awada, but Scott Fischman? You're kidding, right?

Scott may not be maniacal in making absolutely horrendous calls, but I think we can expand the maniac definition to include some of his other actions. For example, laying on the table when he won his bracelet last year. Or playing HU and saying "BOOM!" when his card hits (really not that big of a deal but it was funny when a poster on this forum said that made them want to punch Scott in the face).

Certainly actions besides a persons betting sequence can make them a maniac. Unless you're going to try and argue that Phil Laak doesn't behave like a maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant that Scott does not have a style of playing poker maniacly.

gr8vertical
06-10-2005, 08:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
VVP badly needs a cortical STFU implant, but unfortunately, they'd have to go through his rectum to install it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hahahahaha. NH

wray
06-10-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That was Patty Gallagher in case you're interested.

The episode is the limit HE event that John Hennigan wins. Highlights include Ellix Powers and James McManus' "He called me with jack high!" skit.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's it...thanks. Quality episode...

Almost as good as the one Keller won with Eskimo and that guy that bluffed with the 2 low cards against Keller's QQ (I think it was) and said he was on a draw.

Smoothcall
06-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Yeah thats good.