PDA

View Full Version : Neat ATo hand

DavidC
06-08-2005, 09:15 PM
Button TPP, pf emp limper LPP.

---

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks.

River: (4.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

TripleH68
06-08-2005, 09:27 PM
Is he going to call with a hand you beat?

Edit: Deleted some content - too much cold medicine.

istewart
06-08-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't see many hands that beat you folding here. AJ is about it.

This is a great example of how aggressive play gets the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

DavidC
06-08-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Edit: Deleted some content - too much cold medicine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he might.

However, I'd really love to read your essay on cold medicine. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

--Dave.

TripleH68
06-08-2005, 10:02 PM
I am still trying to figure out how I got a f'in cold in June.
It's 85 degrees out and I am going to Vegas Sunday!

Anyhow, I think there is something to learn in this hand as I would be inclined to check my option preflop. But I like how you took control of the hand and put pressure on the passives.

aK13
06-08-2005, 10:30 PM
I would fire the turn again, give him a chance to fold.

DavidC
06-09-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would fire the turn again, give him a chance to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... that seems like a good line, but I've been stung too many times by people that called me down with middle pair or some crap like that. Especially out of position, this kinda blows, because if you check the river, you kinda have to call him with ace-high.

I like betting the turn when I'm in position for a free-showdown if offered and I have ace-high.

--Dave.

ibankonu
06-09-2005, 01:28 AM
I'm probably playing this like you did, without the PF raise. However, I like it in this situation. What are you doing to a raise on the river?

ClaytonN
06-09-2005, 01:30 AM
Bet the turn, otherwise fine.

LPP villains will call you with a 5, an 8, ace high even.

DavidC
06-09-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm probably playing this like you did, without the PF raise. However, I like it in this situation. What are you doing to a raise on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure. Probably call 'cause it's just way too weird.

Though that card makes a few two-pair hands.

billy51
06-09-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah... that seems like a good line, but I've been stung too many times by people that called me down with middle pair or some crap like that. Especially out of position, this kinda blows, because if you check the river, you kinda have to call him with ace-high.

[/ QUOTE ]
If we had led the turn and been called, I think we can check/fold the river UI. After a typical opponent calls down on the flop and turn on a board with no obvious draws, I usually give him credit for at least a pair. Keeping this in mind, it makes the turn bet more clear--we don't give a free card if we are ahead, and I think we can safely check/fold UI on the river if we get called.