PDA

View Full Version : My first big drop at the 55s

wildzer0
06-08-2005, 09:12 PM
I've been 4-tabling the pp 55s comfortable for a while, keeping a bankroll of about 50 buy-ins after building it at the 20s. The other day, I cashed out a bit to get a new monitor so I could add some more tables. and added a 60 star turbo to my usual games for 5 tables. The cashout curse struck - in 3 days, I've dropped 16 buyins. So, aside from posting just to whine, my question is what do you do when this happens? It seems my 3 options are to keep plugging away like normal, drop back down to the 20s for a while, or drop the 5th table until I can build my bankroll back up to a comfortable level. Any advice at this point would be greatly appreciated.

iMsoLucky0
06-08-2005, 09:30 PM
One thing that always helps me in this situation is to take a day or two off from poker. Once you go on a bad streak it can very easily lead to bad play (and you might not even know it). As far as bankroll concerns, that's up to you. Just keep your account to where you feel comfortable, and play what you are comfortable with.

If you are a winning player overall, then you will start winning again eventually.

Freudian
06-08-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been 4-tabling the pp 55s comfortable for a while, keeping a bankroll of about 50 buy-ins after building it at the 20s. The other day, I cashed out a bit to get a new monitor so I could add some more tables. and added a 60 star turbo to my usual games for 5 tables. The cashout curse struck - in 3 days, I've dropped 16 buyins. So, aside from posting just to whine, my question is what do you do when this happens? It seems my 3 options are to keep plugging away like normal, drop back down to the 20s for a while, or drop the 5th table until I can build my bankroll back up to a comfortable level. Any advice at this point would be greatly appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

These logical fools don't believe in a cashout curse. But you and I know... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I have to say I am dissapointed in the pace though. 16 buyins is half a days worth of suckouts for me.

Moonsugar
06-08-2005, 10:34 PM
When I go on losing streak like this I usually go down to the S&M bar and get walked on by a fat chick in stilettos.

Oh, almost forgot: It's just bad varience.

wildzer0
06-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Awesome. Some drinking at the dirtiest bar in new york city is definitely in order for tonight.