PDA

View Full Version : Party 22, Level 1 Hand

nokona13
06-08-2005, 08:59 PM
Sorry no HH:

Party 9 handed, stack that busted someone not involved, all else around starting 800. EP limps, MP limps, button limps, hero completes SB with K3o (no club), BB checks.

Flop A /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif pot t75

Hero bets 60, BB folds, EP calls, MP folds, button bets 250, Hero...

TStokes
06-08-2005, 09:00 PM
I would probably push all in here and expect to be shown AX or maybe 2 clubs

nokona13
06-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Cool... I thought this was pretty elementary, but I pushed, and got called by KK... Just checking myself. I said to myself exactly that I expected a medium ace or two clubs.

lastchance
06-08-2005, 09:18 PM
My postflop play sucks, so this is more for my benefit than yours, heh.

K3o is great here. Your hand is probably good.

There are three types of hands out there: Ax or some other pairs, flush draws, and hands that beat you.

Hands that beat you beat you, IMHO. You're going to lose your stack here if someone flopped top two, top and bottom or a set, unless you suck out miraculously.

Ax and other made hands that might call are going to lay down to reraises. If these were the only hands that were here, I think I might call and risk getting beat by two pair.

Flush Draw: MP's likely to have this, and pushing is clearly correct against them.

I sometimes call and bet the turn, which I think is a mistake, because it can scream strength and get Ax to fold just as much as a reraise...

So, I think it's between calling and checking the turn or reraising all-in. I guess I push, but my postflop play leaves me clueless here.

Knowing what to do here would probably help my ROI a lot.