PDA

View Full Version : Do You Call This?

-Skeme-
06-08-2005, 08:34 PM
No reads.

-----
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed)

MP2 ($289.50)
Hero ($109.50)
Button ($38.15)
SB ($46.85)
BB ($40)
UTG ($52.80)
UTG+1 ($81)
MP1 ($97.90)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls $1, Hero calls $1, Button calls $1, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($6) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $1, MP2 calls $1, Hero calls $1, Button folds.

Turn: ($10) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, SB folds, UTG calls $8, MP2 folds.

River: ($26) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $12</font>, Hero ??
-----

poboy
06-08-2005, 08:59 PM
I think I would call here, expecting to be shown the flush most of the time. However I think it will be 2 pair,set, or worse often enough to justify calling. JMO

-Skeme-
06-08-2005, 09:03 PM
What two pair are you expecting to see here? Do you think QJo plays it super soft until the worst River card and bluffs with a half pot bet without the straight?

Harv72b
06-08-2005, 09:33 PM
You're getting better than 3:1, obviously, but I really don't see you outright winning the pot very often. The thing is, I can see JT playing this much the same way, and with no reads you can't assume that villain wouldn't limp JT from UTG.

He really did play this like a flush draw, tho. And even when he doesn't have the flush, you're just chopping the vast majority of the time. I can see wanting to fold rather than committing another $12 to the pot.

crazygoose
06-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Having a read on him would be the determing factor for me, given he's UTG and putting him on a range of hands. I might've raised that flop for the free card on the river. I think you will get shown a T more than the flush. UTG could've had JTs, QTs, or something like that. With so many high diamonds on the board there's fewer combinations of hands they could have to make the flush and play UTG. I call.

poboy
06-08-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What two pair are you expecting to see here? Do you think QJo plays it super soft until the worst River card and bluffs with a half pot bet without the straight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Note I didn't say you will see it often, but yes I think JQ,KQ, and KJ are all possible. I really wouldn't expect a T to hang around other than KT and maybe QT,JT. It really looks like a flush draw that made it not a str8, but it would only have to not be ~25% of the time to make calling correct. You're probably not going to notice much difference calling or folding EV wise. I think you're focusing too much on the river, had you raised the flop the rest of the hand would have been much eaiser. Oh and yes I do think that would be a good spot to bluff, there are very few hands that you can feel comfortable calling with. JMO

Snag
06-08-2005, 10:03 PM
This is completely read dependent poker. If this guy's solid - just dump the hand, and move on. If he's been losing showdowns, or playing like a moron - call him, and your going to take it enough to justify. I think if I just sat down here, and he weak leads at the pot like that - I have to make the call, because I've seen no action.

-Skeme-
06-08-2005, 11:29 PM
I don't consider half pot a weak lead. I folded and fool showed T9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. The second straight flush, one being Royal, that someone outdrew against me today when I had the lead with a strong hand on earlier streets.

edge
06-08-2005, 11:33 PM
I raise the flop to about 7 or 8.

GHL
06-09-2005, 12:04 AM
I may put in a raise on the flop.....

Suntzu00000
06-09-2005, 01:53 AM
I would raise to about $3 or $4 on the flop and see what happens. I would fold to a raise. On the turn you have the stone cold nuts. Anyone who will call your $8 bet will call a hell of a lot more. You should have bet around $20. He might fold, but if he is playing a set or TP with a flush draw he might raise you all-in which is what you want. On the river I would be dependent on my reads as to call or not. Since you have none, I am going to say fold.

-Skeme-
06-09-2005, 02:32 AM
I'm simply going to flat out tell you that your advice is not good.

ginko
06-09-2005, 03:15 AM
The guy had a big draw, you folded when he hit. I'm not calling unless opp is fish.

fuzzbox
06-09-2005, 05:17 AM
Seems like he has a flush.

Bet min on flop with a flush draw, then check call the turn. Seems like a flush to me.

I still call though - cos I dont like money very much.