PDA

View Full Version : set vs "expert" player

Jonny
06-08-2005, 08:07 PM
I have 99 UTG and limp. Folded to Linda12 in the SB who makes it 50. BB folds, i call. 2 to the flop, pot = $110.

Flop is T93, 2 hearts. Linda bets 100, I raise to 250, call.

Turn is a K. Check, I bet 300 into a 600 pot. I did this to make it look like I was weak, hoping to induce a push. Linda12 pushes, I call.

Comments on my play, particularly the turn bet. Would pushing have been better?

Rotating Rabbit
06-08-2005, 08:13 PM
stack sizes? looks ok though, if she had KK oh well ;/

slupo
06-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Is the turn K a heart?

I'm not really sure what you're asking. You wanted to get all your money in on the turn and you did. If you lead out with a push, you might scare her away. But if the turn King is a heart, maybe not. You played it right for you wanted, correct?

Richie Rich
06-08-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn is a K. Check, I bet 300 into a 600 pot. I did this to make it look like I was weak, hoping to induce a push. Linda12 pushes, I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Comments on my play, particularly the turn bet. Would pushing have been better?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having a little trouble understanding your question. Didn't you want to put her all-in? If so, then why are you wondering if pushing on 4th (and potentially scaring villian out of the hand) would've been a "better" move?

Hopefully she didn't have KK, TT, or the "surprise" QJ.

Jonny
06-08-2005, 08:25 PM
well, I did want to set her in on the turn, but im not sure if I should have pushed in case linda was on a draw. Also, the turn was a black king, so there were only 2 hearts out.

The result was she had KJo, and I doulble through. How is this one of the better players on NL1000?

Jonny
06-08-2005, 08:26 PM
stack sizes, be both had roughly 1K.

warlockjd
06-08-2005, 08:30 PM
nh, had the same situation the other day and was shown KK, bleh

autobet
06-08-2005, 08:51 PM
you played fine.

iceman5
06-08-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well, I did want to set her in on the turn, but im not sure if I should have pushed in case linda was on a draw. Also, the turn was a black king, so there were only 2 hearts out.

The result was she had KJo, and I doulble through. How is this one of the better players on NL1000?

[/ QUOTE ]

This cant be an "expert player"

fsuplayer
06-08-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This cant be an "expert player"

[/ QUOTE ]

i figured i wouldnt post what i was going to, which was...."expert player....."......ahahahhahaha.

but this result doesnt suprise me.

he/she ran superhot for a couple of weeks, and is now getting torn up.

Jonny
06-08-2005, 10:27 PM
that play was nothing short of horrendous IMO.

cero_z
06-09-2005, 12:36 AM
Hi Jonny,

[ QUOTE ]
How is this one of the better players on NL1000?

[/ QUOTE ]

"She" is one of my better "Buddies". Funny to hear her described that way. Seriously, though, these games have an unbelievable variance. God help you if you've been at the table with me in the last 3 weeks. A month before that, God help me if I was near my computer. Where do you guys see people's results? I'd like to find out what mine are.

Jonny
06-09-2005, 12:53 AM
Only reason I said that about linda12, was because there were a few posts involving him/her in the last week and it made it sound like she was a winning regular. I agree though, the varience is enormous. I'm on a 5K upswing over the past two days, after a 3K downswing.

mythrilfox
06-09-2005, 01:43 AM
I'd have raised more on the flop.

piki
06-09-2005, 09:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is the turn K a heart?

I'm not really sure what you're asking. You wanted to get all your money in on the turn and you did. If you lead out with a push, you might scare her away. But if the turn King is a heart, maybe not. You played it right for you wanted, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree

piki
06-09-2005, 09:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
She had no read on you and you played your hand perfectly. Keep it up.

chobo
06-10-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like she's on tilt. She won too much, is losing focus and taking the aggressiveness too far. Always happens to me after I've won for 2-3 weeks.

captZEEbo1
06-10-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like she's on tilt. She won too much, is losing focus and taking the aggressiveness too far. Always happens to me after I've won for 2-3 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing happened to me. I went on an amazing run playing REALLY lag pf for about 2-3 weeks. I then went on an amazing downstreak. I dropped down to 400 nl, and tightened up. I switched up my strategy a bit (stop bluffing so many pots), and have been running hot since that shift.