PDA

View Full Version : Pocket 10's on the bubble!

BobTacoKing
06-08-2005, 07:24 PM
Here is another on the bubble decision. No reads on opponents. Im UTG so I would hate to put in a healthy bet just to be re-reraised. I could push, but would it be worth it since BB is at only t845. $10+1

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t845)
Hero (t1560)
Button (t3525)
SB (t2070)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero...?

ChuckyB
06-08-2005, 07:27 PM
I'd be willing to go to the wall with this one. You can't limp...a K3 could kill you. I'd go 845 and be willing to put it all in.

DasLeben
06-08-2005, 07:32 PM
Push!

Think of it this way: If smallie were to double, your tournament life is going to be at risk. You only have 8BB, so you need to take your chances.

lastchance
06-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Slide his chips towards the middle. (move all-in) Anything else is dumb.

Van Strummer
06-08-2005, 08:04 PM
I agree, this is a clear push. You are not that much in front of the small stack. Cant lay down TT here.

BobTacoKing
06-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the opinions. I was just making sure I made the right play. I pushed all-in and was beaten on the turn by a pair of queens. Oh well

Karak567
06-08-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the opinions. I was just making sure I made the right play. I pushed all-in and was beaten on the turn by a pair of queens. Oh well

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be results oriented. Through the ICM, this is a clear push. You did well, don't sweat it.

GoldenHorde
06-08-2005, 11:13 PM
Did you really have to run it through ICM to see if it was right to push 10's 4 handed with 8xBB?

I'm not trying to be rude or sarcastic just seems like people are using that as a crutch and not thinking things through.

lastchance
06-08-2005, 11:40 PM
Understanding what affects it can increase bubble play, a lot. It shows you good pushes and bad ones. Eastbay's ICM calculator (which he wants us to pay for, dammit) probably can increase your ROI by 10% by itself.

pergesu
06-08-2005, 11:52 PM
When people first start to play - no idea about OP, but I know Karak isn't a beginner - yes, you often have to do ICM to figure these things out. You have to see it at least one time to know it's not even close, right?

When I started, I would make bubble and ITM calls that I thought were pretty decent. Then I'd post and someone would say, "Uh, do you really need ICM to know that calling is stupid here?"

There was a time in each players career where he had no idea how clear-cut some decisions are. I imagine Karak is just letting OP know that it's not close, and how to verify it.

GoldenHorde
06-09-2005, 12:02 AM
Good post Pergesu point taken, I've just noticed the trend of using it instead of thinking things through and thats a dangerous road to go down.