PDA

View Full Version : AK/AQ, you're LRRed multiway from EP, is peeling a rag flop -EV?

Nigel
06-08-2005, 07:21 PM
Not much more than the post title says. Never sure what to give the limp-reraiser credit, but most of the time I see this it is indeed A's, I'd say the majority. But every now and then it is garbage or just a high pair/AK,AQ.

Is peeling for the turn card just stupid in these situations since you don't know if one of the blinds behind you will checkraise the flop and you have know way of knowing where you stand on the turn even if you hit?

The problem is, being overly results oriented, the pots are always big and when you see your A,K,Q hit the turn and be the winning hand, you tend to feel like an idiot for folding.

Nigel

bobdibble
06-08-2005, 07:40 PM
It depends on the player. If the player is reasonable, I strongly consider folding unless I have a big draw. If it is a lag, I peel, or cr/raise depending upon my relative position. A lot of LAGs will LRR w/suited connectors.

Nate tha' Great
06-08-2005, 08:15 PM
I'm assuming this is a pot that is heads up as of the flop.

Peeling isn't +EV, because if he does have AA or KK, there's just too much chance that you hit one of your outs and it doesn't give you the best hand. The decision you're really making is whether you want to call down unimproved.

Nigel
06-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Nate,

In this case I'm referring to a multiway pot, with people to act after you on the flop - making the risk of paying more than 1 small bet a factor. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that.

Heads up I agree, call all the way down or fold. I would probably be likely to fold unless I knew the player regularly incorporated LRRing into his game.

I find I am often just against an unknown in this situation.

Nigel