PDA

View Full Version : I like starting rumors....

Apathy
06-08-2005, 06:59 PM
So I heard from a fairly reliable source that Giga made a prop bet that he could win any leaderbord, at 2-1 odds for some large sum of money.

From what I have heard someone has taken the bet for 5k, (this number could be off) that he can't win the stars leaderboard (MTT) in august.

This is no easy feat, the stars leaderboard is well contested and I personally think it is a bad bet for giga at 2-1, what does everyone else think?

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

raptor517
06-08-2005, 07:01 PM
i havent heard anything about this, but he should definitely NOT take the bet at 2 to 1. not the best idea in the world. holla

dhende3
06-08-2005, 07:06 PM
Giga is one of the top players anywhere online and he seems to be known for his great endurance. I wouldn't take 2:1 but maybe 4 or 5 to 1. Clearly a pride issue.

Moonsugar
06-08-2005, 07:09 PM
There was some stuff on another message board a few weeks ago that Giga and the players were bantering about the terms. Google it im sure you can find it.

Basically the challenge was at Stars, Sunday winners were excluded unless picked before hand, it was even money (I think) and it was for 10k to 50k.

Apathy
06-08-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There was some stuff on another message board a few weeks ago that Giga and the players were bantering about the terms. Google it im sure you can find it.

Basically the challenge was at Stars, Sunday winners were excluded unless picked before hand, it was even money (I think) and it was for 10k to 50k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said I'm not sure of the exact details, just found the bet very interesting and what I am essentially wondering is, how much of a pride issue this really is, or if theres some edge he has that I am missing.

BTW that "site" is likely pockets 5's (am I allowed to say that?)

raptor517
06-08-2005, 07:19 PM
ill wager at 2 to 1 that i can have 2 accounts on the top 15 on empire leaderboard, and 4 to 1 that i can have 3 accounts on the top 15 on emp. SHIP IT. i might even take the bet NOW, a week and a half into the month /images/graemlins/wink.gif EHOT!?????

Apathy
06-08-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ill wager at 2 to 1 that i can have 2 accounts on the top 15 on empire leaderboard, and 4 to 1 that i can have 3 accounts on the top 15 on emp. SHIP IT. i might even take the bet NOW, a week and a half into the month /images/graemlins/wink.gif EHOT!?????

[/ QUOTE ]

WITH you coming to calgary on the 22nd I would take this bet for sure.

raptor517
06-08-2005, 07:23 PM
hmm.. i could still do it. well c tho.. holla

treeofwisdom7
06-08-2005, 07:25 PM
empire has a leader board . whats your sn ?

The Yugoslavian
06-08-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I heard from a fairly reliable source that Giga made a prop bet that he could win any leaderbord, at 2-1 odds for some large sum of money.

From what I have heard someone has taken the bet for 5k, (this number could be off) that he can't win the stars leaderboard (MTT) in august.

This is no easy feat, the stars leaderboard is well contested and I personally think it is a bad bet for giga at 2-1, what does everyone else think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...he's in trouble unless he postpones it until after the WSOP.

However, even 1 tabling he'd probably be able to take down this bet.....after hearing what I heard from his friends and the man himself, he is as close to a poker 'bot' as one can possibly get (yet he plays extremely un-botlike....funny, huh?).

The good news is that a 5k bet is nothing as even if he fails he'll cover a bajillion times that just playing towards the goal.

So, even if it motivates him only a bit more to play, he's in a win/win situation.

Yugoslav

iMsoLucky0
06-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Here is a link (http://www.pocketfives.com/F51B3D39-C26E-4B57-8CBA-F6873CC55B98.aspx) to the thread about this bet. The bet was supposed to be for 50k but I'm still pretty sure that it hasn't been worked out yet, as there are some details that Darrell is trying to straighten out about the integrity of the bet.

Oh, and in a fair month, giga would be wayyyy +EV on this bet because of the way the stars TLB is set up. It's not just a lump sum of all points from all tourneys played for the month, it takes the points you earned in your best 20 tournaments (no more). He could just win 20 109 multis and be set.

Apathy
06-08-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here is a link (http://www.pocketfives.com/F51B3D39-C26E-4B57-8CBA-F6873CC55B98.aspx) to the thread about this bet. The bet was supposed to be for 50k but I'm still pretty sure that it hasn't been worked out yet, as there are some details that Darrell is trying to straighten out about the integrity of the bet.

Oh, and in a fair month, giga would be wayyyy +EV on this bet because of the way the stars TLB is set up. It's not just a lump sum of all points from all tourneys played for the month, it takes the points you earned in your best 20 tournaments (no more). He could just win 20 109 multis and be set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link.

You say 20 109s like that would be a simple accomplishment, which even for a top class player is simply untrue.

skipperbob
06-08-2005, 08:58 PM
I guess I don't understand, because I know that "Apathy" is knowledgeable, but I win at least 20 $109's/month & 20 $215's for that matter....the rub arrives when you count the OOTM's /images/graemlins/frown.gif

skipperbob
06-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Add'l Post: Between Irieguy & Zen they won more than 100 $109's in May

GoldenHorde
06-08-2005, 09:03 PM
They are talking about MTT's not STT's.

iMsoLucky0
06-08-2005, 09:09 PM
I'm not saying it would be a simple accomplishment at all. I am simply saying that if he plays online every day and plays several MTTs a day, I can't see anyone having a better 20 best finishes than him.

hummusx
06-08-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He could just win 20 109 multis and be set.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying it would be a simple accomplishment at all. I am simply saying that if he plays online every day and plays several MTTs a day, I can't see anyone having a better 20 best finishes than him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the key word here is MULTI.

Daliman
06-08-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I am positive this has been offered before, as he offered ME this bet. So I highly doubt no one EVER took him up on this.

Blackjack
06-08-2005, 10:48 PM
I wish I were that good that I could make prop bets like that. ughhh so far away.. yet so close.

Blackjack

iMsoLucky0
06-08-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He could just win 20 109 multis and be set.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the key word here is MULTI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, no [censored]. That's why I said MTTs. Thanks for helping though.

adanthar
06-09-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here is a link (http://www.pocketfives.com/F51B3D39-C26E-4B57-8CBA-F6873CC55B98.aspx) to the thread about this bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried reading the rest of that site but it seems more garish than an average blog. Is it any good?

DonButtons
06-09-2005, 01:43 AM
ugh, thats a very easy bet, 2 or 3 top 15s on empire...now what about getting 1st and 2nd, maybe 1st and 3rd or any combination of 2 top 3 places...holla

Apathy
06-09-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ugh, thats a very easy bet, 2 or 3 top 15s on empire...now what about getting 1st and 2nd, maybe 1st and 3rd or any combination of 2 top 3 places...holla

[/ QUOTE ]

If gramps is alive, and I felt like trying to stop him, that would be pretty damn hard to do.

DMACM
06-09-2005, 01:59 AM
whats this guys sn? is it searchable? if hes as good as he sounds id love to watch him play.

Gramps
06-09-2005, 02:34 AM
If someone pays me off, I could play on Party/Eurobet only for a month....

But really, I only play about 700 $215s a month on Empire. If you want to be really aggressive about it (say play 250 hours and restart an SNG right away each time you get knocked out), you could probably double that number.