PDA

View Full Version : [censored] [censored] [censored] (zero content)

moot
06-08-2005, 06:57 PM
[censored].

I have offically lost the entire bonus, after clearing only half the hands, and playing at the .5/1 level.

I honestly don't know what to do. It's never been this bad. Not even close. Every single hand, nothing. Every draw, missed. Runner runnered.

I didn't know it was even stastically possible to drop this far this fast.

shadow29
06-08-2005, 07:00 PM
http://home.maine.rr.com/mattyg/wambulance.jpg

moot
06-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Blow me.

shadow29
06-08-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Blow me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that you might have mistaken me for Talk2BigSteve.

Seriously though, everyone has downswings. Yes, they suck. But they are supposed to happen and if you're here in the forums, that means that you'll most likely get out of the downswing. Now finish clearing the bonus, hit a good run of cards, and finish up.

LowDown22
06-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Could be worse. There could be no bonus to look forward to at all.....

aK13
06-08-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored].

I have offically lost the entire bonus, after clearing only half the hands, and playing at the .5/1 level.

I honestly don't know what to do. It's never been this bad. Not even close. Every single hand, nothing. Every draw, missed. Runner runnered.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bonuses from the last month total $200 (golden tiger), $100 (pokeracenow), $100 (bonusmay), and I am at -$30 overall with the bonuses. [censored] happens. Focus on your game, make sure you haven't turned weak-tight, re-read SSH (possibly), and then shark.

EDIT: This was all at 2/4 -- I didn't drop 400 BB at .5/1 =O.

moot
06-08-2005, 07:13 PM
Yeah, I think I'm missing out on a few value bets. The sad and scary thing is, almost every time I've failed to bet because of the monsters under the bed, they've had the monster. Sadly, I've actually saved of lot money this week from not value betting.

But yeah, I know, I know, the long term, one big session, +EV, blah blah blah...

milesdyson
06-08-2005, 07:15 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

At least you didn't get drunk last night and play 10/20 and lose 900 bucks.

moot
06-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Oh, I forget to say how Party Poker is rigged.

Cuz it is.

VBM
06-08-2005, 07:36 PM
<soapbox>
Aaron W. mentioned this in another thread, but commit some time after a session to self-studying the hands you played.

Pretend the hand is someone else's and think about what you'd tell the poster.

Try to spot trends (e.g. I recently noticed I slip into calling down far too often & pushing mediocre hands too hard OOP)

Work the math out on a couple of close/sketchy hands. You might be surprised both positively & negatively at your equity in many situations.

Do you multi-table? I find when things are going badly for me, i cut down on the # of tables I play and try to observe things more the tables I am playing; including (maybe especially) in hands that i'm not playing.

Do you take notes? Take stock of the quality of notes you keep on players. do they give you useable information as to how to play certain situations? Do you observe how the table villains play draws? made hands? vs. whom & how many?

When you're running bad, take an extra amount of time to think through each betting decision. One time I watched Entity, Piiop & GoT playing short-handed vs one another. What struck me about all 3 of these guys was they didn't rush to make any decision. They all took their sweet time. If guys like that take their time to make the right decision, I think it behooves all micro posters to do the same.

Also, if you can, buddy up w/ another poster and give & receive thoughtful feedback. DMBFan23 & cold_cash did this for me and it helped tremendously.

reading & posting in 2+2 doesn't differentiate us from the fish. results also don't separate the us from the fish. Seems like every night I run into some fool who plays every suited hand and flushes a disproportionate # of them, or rivers 2-outers with ease.

The only thing that separates us from the fish is the quality of the information we acquire at the table and the quality of decisions we make based on that information.

</soapbox>
hope you run well.
--oj.

DavidC
06-08-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me; it is.

Sorry, though.

zuluking
06-08-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you rock.

DeathDonkey
06-08-2005, 08:46 PM
You did this? Dude that is really dumb.

-DeathDonkey

moot
06-08-2005, 09:07 PM
Haha, my roommate did the same thing a couple month back. Dropped a grand while wasted. Not +EV, that's for sure.

Not sure what level it was at. Somewhere between 5/10 and 15/30.

milesdyson
06-08-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You did this? Dude that is really dumb.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, no way, I was messing around. I haven't played poker in a few days actually (finals and job interviews and bullshit).

moot
06-08-2005, 09:47 PM
K, well, my roommate's still a moron, cuz that was true.

Kumubou
06-08-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Aaron W. mentioned this in another thread, but commit some time after a session to self-studying the hands you played.

[/ QUOTE ]
I do this after /every/ session. It's a nice way to see where you are making mistakes. It's just hard to pick up on things because everything gets lost in the noise. They're important, but it takes a lot of focus to see a leak that cost you fractions of a BB per hand when you see hand after hand of "haha I lost 10BBs when he hit his runner-runner straight).

[ QUOTE ]
Do you multi-table? I find when things are going badly for me, i cut down on the # of tables I play and try to observe things more the tables I am playing; including (maybe especially) in hands that i'm not playing.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a problem for me, but I have no idea how to solve it. If I play 1-2 tables, I get bored easily and I end up distracted. If I try to play more tables, I start to get lost and my reads suffer tremendously.

Playing with fish is boring. You just do your thing according to the numbers and watch them suck out. The 2+2 table was interesting, but I lack the bankroll, confidence, and skills to play with people here for any length of time (I can't beat fish -- why the fuck should I think I can beat thinking players?!)

I guess I'm just questioning why I play. 10,000 hands at .5/1 and 0 BB/100 to show for it (and you know what that means). Normally I would say "that's great; poker's hard, and you're doing better than 90% of the crowd." Except the play is so bad you have to be a f'in monkey to not win -- and that's what I feel like, a f'in monkey. An absolute scrub. The type of person who should just take the bonus money and leave before I end up donating everything back to someone's HDTV fund.

(No, I'm not having confidence issues -- not at all. Probably more of a personal flaw than anything; but that should go to the psychology forum. Maybe I should just take a break for a couple of days.)

-K

bozlax
06-08-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me; it is.

Sorry, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm not mistaken, isn't it statistically IMPOSSIBLE that, at any given moment, there isn't somebody somewhere falling this far this fast? Just some of them stop before going the distance? So, at least you're committed to the game!

Still sucks.

Bradyams
06-08-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is such a huge fear of mine. I fear that some night I'm gonna come home piss drunk, wanna play some poker, and hit up the $1000NL tables. Hopefully I hit a hot streak when this happens /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

kiemo
06-08-2005, 10:23 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (11 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, SB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (14.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

Results
Hero has Ac As (two pair, aces and queens).
MP2 has Jc Th (straight, king high).
Button doesn't show.
Outcome: MP2 wins 19.50 BB.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls.

River: (11 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Results
MP1 has Qc 8h (two pair, queens and eights).
Hero has Ad Ac (one pair, aces).
Button doesn't show.
Outcome: MP1 wins 13 BB.

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

Results
BB has Qs Qd (three of a kind, queens).
Hero has 3s 3d (three of a kind, threes).
Outcome: BB wins 16.25 BB.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (15.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.75 BB

Results
Hero has Jh Th (straight, king high).
UTG+1 has Qd Qc (full house, queens full of nines).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 19.75 BB.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Results
Button has Th Tc (flush, ten high).
Hero has Kd Kh (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Button wins 13.50 BB. </font>

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (21.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (14.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (16.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 18.75 BB

Results
BB has Ah Ad (two pair, aces and twos).
Hero has Qc Qd (two pair, queens and twos).
Outcome: BB wins 18.75 BB.

Thats about -37 BB in about 10 minutes one day

Same day also lost 2 more AA at the same time on different tables too KTo, dropped another 33 that setted on the flop to a rivered straight flush, and lost several TP/TK to rivered 2 pair, yet I wont bore you with all those all hands as I think the point is pretty clear

bozlax
06-08-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... yet I wont bore you with all those all hands ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why stop a good thing?

[ QUOTE ]
... as I think the point is pretty clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to much time on your hands?

bozlax
06-08-2005, 10:28 PM
That's it! My million-dollar invention! A USB-based breathalyzer for online poker players! It's GENIUS!

milesdyson
06-08-2005, 10:29 PM
1: owned.
2: owned.
3: wtf? cap the flop, raise the turn, etc. if you are calling the flop 3-bet to raise the turn --&gt; then raise the turn.
4: wtf? you flopped the nuts and you have a player trapped. 3-bet. then bet/3-bet the turn and check call the river if he caps.
5: you should bet the river and fold if he raises. he will not bet with /images/graemlins/club.gifless pocket pairs that you beat.
6: owned.

kiemo
06-08-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3: wtf? cap the flop, raise the turn, etc. if you are calling the flop 3-bet to raise the turn --&gt; then raise the turn.
4: wtf? you flopped the nuts and you have a player trapped. 3-bet. then bet/3-bet the turn and check call the river if he caps.
5: you should bet the river and fold if he raises. he will not bet with /images/graemlins/club.gifless pocket pairs that you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

These were too demostrate how you can lose alot very quickly. Not that I dont appreciate the effort but I didnt post these hands to get advice on how to play them.

KingOtter
06-08-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These were too demostrate how you can lose alot very quickly. Not that I dont appreciate the effort but I didnt post these hands to get advice on how to play them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any hand posted anywhere on these forums for any reason whatsoever seems to be fair game to critique... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

KO

irishpint
06-08-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
&lt;soapbox&gt;

Try to spot trends (e.g. I recently noticed I slip into calling down far too often &amp; pushing mediocre hands too hard OOP)

Work the math out on a couple of close/sketchy hands. You might be surprised both positively &amp; negatively at your equity in many situations.

Do you take notes? Take stock of the quality of notes you keep on players. do they give you useable information as to how to play certain situations? Do you observe how the table villains play draws? made hands? vs. whom &amp; how many?

When you're running bad, take an extra amount of time to think through each betting decision. One time I watched Entity, Piiop &amp; GoT playing short-handed vs one another. What struck me about all 3 of these guys was they didn't rush to make any decision. They all took their sweet time. If guys like that take their time to make the right decision, I think it behooves all micro posters to do the same.

Also, if you can, buddy up w/ another poster and give &amp; receive thoughtful feedback. DMBFan23 &amp; cold_cash did this for me and it helped tremendously.

reading &amp; posting in 2+2 doesn't differentiate us from the fish. results also don't separate the us from the fish. Seems like every night I run into some fool who plays every suited hand and flushes a disproportionate # of them, or rivers 2-outers with ease.

The only thing that separates us from the fish is the quality of the information we acquire at the table and the quality of decisions we make based on that information.

&lt;/soapbox&gt;
hope you run well.
--oj.

[/ QUOTE ]

OJ, I just want to say that you always give some of the best, most thoughtful advice of anyone on this forum.

deepsquat
06-08-2005, 11:26 PM
hey Moot- wanna trade HH's? A few of us have started doing it, might help pick up leaks in our game. PM me if u want.

irishpint
06-09-2005, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hey Moot- wanna trade HH's? A few of us have started doing it, might help pick up leaks in our game. PM me if u want.

[/ QUOTE ]

id be down for this, if someone is interested PM me, ok? thanks

deepsquat
06-09-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

id be down for this, if someone is interested PM me, ok?

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

check your pm bro