PDA

View Full Version : Drinking [soda] prop bet

Emmitt2222
06-08-2005, 06:50 PM
I am going to have a drinking prop bet with a friend of mine, but having never done something like this, I am looking for an idea of what to expect. I want to do soda, but he doesn't really like it. We were thinking of drinking a set amount of 2 litre bottles in a set time. He proposed that he have to drink something like 5 bottles of ice tea while I would drink 4 bottles of soda. So a few questions:

Does this seem unfair for me because of the carbonation and he should have to drink even more?
Should we just do the same drink?
How hard is this without peeing for the whole hour?
How many 2 litre bottles do you think can be done in an hour?
Has anyone ever done something like this [nonalcoholic]?

jason_t
06-08-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am going to have a drinking prop bet with a friend of mine, but having never done something like this, I am looking for an idea of what to expect. I want to do soda, but he doesn't really like it. We were thinking of drinking a set amount of 2 litre bottles in a set time. He proposed that he have to drink something like 5 bottles of ice tea while I would drink 4 bottles of soda. So a few questions:

Does this seem unfair for me because of the carbonation and he should have to drink even more?
Should we just do the same drink?
How hard is this without peeing for the whole hour?
How many 2 litre bottles do you think can be done in an hour?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done this with water. Watching someone throw up water is weird. Collecting the money immediately afterward is awesome.

slickpoppa
06-08-2005, 06:55 PM
the carbonation makes a huge difference. just use the same drink

Cubswin
06-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Maybe it's an urban legend or something.... but cant you die from drinking too much water? Havnt there been cases where people on X have died because they had too much H20?

cubs

Cubswin
06-08-2005, 06:58 PM
http://www.urban75.com/Drugs/drugxtc1.html

Jack of Arcades
06-08-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's an urban legend or something.... but cant you die from drinking too much water? Havnt there been cases where people on X have died because they had too much H20?

cubs

[/ QUOTE ]

You can, but you have to be drinking a helluva lot of water.

tbach24
06-08-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

cubs

[/ QUOTE ]

A chick died a few years back after the Boston Marathon I believe.

SmileyEH
06-08-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

cubs

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

. . . and run a marathon while doing it.

-SmileyEH

meep_42
06-08-2005, 07:02 PM
I sure as shizzit hope you're going to be using diet soda. That much caffeine and sugar in your system in that short a period can't be good.

-d

Emmitt2222
06-08-2005, 07:17 PM
If I did soda it would have to be caffinated, diet would make me sick a lot faster because it tastes like crap. These replies are encouraging so far /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

pudley4
06-08-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This (http://www.newsreview.com/issues/chico/2005-02-10/news.asp) kid did. He's the son of one of the guys I work with. Yes, there were other factors, but it's absolutely possible to die just from drinking too much water/liquid.

GuyOnTilt
06-08-2005, 07:27 PM
This is kinda funny since Evan and Catch and I have a bet or sorts to NOT drink soda this whole summer. For some reason I thought this thread might be about that.

GoT

MowrMowr
06-08-2005, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

cubs

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's less than you think...I drank ~2.5-3 gallons over the course of a day once and got VIOLENTLY ill as a result...it doesn't take a huge amount to make you very sick. And it is a NASTY sick...projectile vomiting so hard that my throat filled up with puke and it was shooting out my nose. This lasted for about 30-45 minuts of pure hell.

Brain
06-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Definitely unfair carbonated vs. not.

You could always do the milk challenge instead.

FouTight
06-08-2005, 10:10 PM
we sorta did this once, but, instead of time limit, it was just how much you could drink till you pissed, you could chug it, you could sip it, you could sit o it, didn't matter what you did, just to see how much you could drink before you relieved. Ads some interesting strategy.

beckham9
06-08-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
we sorta did this once, but, instead of time limit, it was just how much you could drink till you pissed, you could chug it, you could sip it, you could sit o it, didn't matter what you did, just to see how much you could drink before you relieved. Ads some interesting strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you exercise while doing this? go in a sauna? would seem to be the best strategy, could probably do a lot if you did that

Chiron
06-08-2005, 10:23 PM
screw that, both of you do it with milk. and have somebody take pictures.

Emmitt2222
06-08-2005, 10:37 PM
milk is not happening because we aren't really into the whole puking thing. I think the drinking until you pee is very interesting, but if someone drinks slower wont they always win because they have less liquid in them, I dont get it?

Blarg
06-08-2005, 11:02 PM
How much salt you've been taking in, how healthy your liver is and how fast it processes, your kidney health, and how large or small your bladder is would factor in.

Blarg
06-08-2005, 11:03 PM
That's actually a hell of a lot of water to drink in a single day., Mowr. It must have been quite a strain on your system. I'm not surprised the results were violent.

SCfuji
06-08-2005, 11:20 PM
cold 2% milk

gunt
06-08-2005, 11:52 PM
my roomate in college drank a whole 2 liter bottle of coke in about 30 seconds ( never left his lips )... he threw up about 10 times 2 minutes later... he wasn't drunk at the time.

Brain
06-08-2005, 11:54 PM
That is awful.

Coke hurts too much to chug like that.

gunt
06-08-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my roomate in college drank a whole 2 liter bottle of coke in about 30 seconds ( never left his lips )... he threw up about 10 times 2 minutes later... he wasn't drunk at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
I forgot to add that he was in the 5th grade when he did it.

Durs522
06-09-2005, 02:15 AM
I've done this before. I probably drank 4 3 liter bottles of soda within an hour and a half. Be prepared to puke....A LOT. You think its ok at first but it gets pretty nasty.

Oh, and you probably never want to drink whatever it is again.

Dave

cold_cash
06-09-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...projectile vomiting so hard that my throat filled up with puke and it was shooting out my nose. This lasted for about 30-45 minuts of pure hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like a real hoot.

mpa
06-09-2005, 08:28 AM
I've done the 4 two liters of Coke bet, and both of us had to chug coke. The first 30 seconds to a minute are fast. Both of us downed 1.5-2 liters right off the bat. A rule we had was that no puking was allowed, so the remaining 6 liters were agonizingly slow. Both of us had to wait until enough of it had drained from our stomach before drinking any more.

In the end, I lost. I finished up 6 liters by the time my opponent finished his eighth liter, at around the 4 hour mark into the contest. The winner had to finish on the toilet, because it screwed up his system something awful.

Ahhh competition....

FouTight
06-09-2005, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
milk is not happening because we aren't really into the whole puking thing. I think the drinking until you pee is very interesting, but if someone drinks slower wont they always win because they have less liquid in them, I dont get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

See, our theory isn't he who pees first, if I peed withen in hour, but drank 2 liters, and the other went 2 hours, but only drank 1 1/2 liters, I won.

Blarg
06-09-2005, 12:07 PM
I'm surprised so many people have tried this!

steelcmg
06-09-2005, 12:10 PM
I think u should just get a bunch of people together and make 2 teams and have alot of beer (a few kegs) and 2 trash cans. The team that can fill up the trash cans first with puke wins and collects the prize.

Blarg
06-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Extra credit if you fall in.