PDA

View Full Version : I remember there being something for windows which increases text size

Karak567
06-08-2005, 06:10 PM
and such.

1600x1200 is hurting my eyes. Can anyone point me to where this is?

Stew
06-08-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are talking about when reading a web page, hold down your control key while using the scroll wheel to increase or decrease the font size on a weg page.

Karak567
06-08-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are talking about when reading a web page, hold down your control key while using the scroll wheel to increase or decrease the font size on a weg page.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did that, it's just everything else that's killing me, heh.

stabn
06-08-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Start menu | settings | control panels | Display Properties

Appearance tab

Font size [Large | Extra Large]

Apply | ok

Mike Haven
06-08-2005, 06:23 PM
View > Text size > Largest

Start > Programs > Accessories > Accessibility > Magnifier

ttw22
06-08-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Display properties -> settings -> screen resolution

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Karak567
06-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the help guys! I really appreciate it (and so do my eyes!)

Synergistic Explosions
06-08-2005, 06:34 PM
I sure wish I had known this ten years ago!

Thanks for the tip, I love it!

grinin
06-09-2005, 11:57 AM
This is not working for me.

All of the suggestions increase the size of the fonts over in the index column to the left of the thread. The text within the thread stays the same small size.

Other websites have varying results. Usually nothing happens, although on some sites the headings will get larger but that is all.

Suggestions?

stabn
06-09-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is not working for me.

All of the suggestions increase the size of the fonts over in the index column to the left of the thread. The text within the thread stays the same small size.

Other websites have varying results. Usually nothing happens, although on some sites the headings will get larger but that is all.

Suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to My home | display preferences and change your layout to one that says (large fonts) next to it's name.

This will work for the forums here. Otherwise you will just need to make your screen resolution smaller when browsing.

naschburger2
06-09-2005, 09:39 PM
In mozilla firefox go to view click on text size and then click on increase works great.

grinin
06-09-2005, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
change your layout to one that says (large fonts)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I did that and true, they are larger fonts. However, now when I have read a thread and then click the back button to return to the forum listing it does not change the color of the thread that I have read (unless I actually refresh the page after going back). This of course makes it more difficult to see which threads I have read and those I have not.

Suggestions?

edfurlong
06-09-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
change your layout to one that says (large fonts)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I did that and true, they are larger fonts. However, now when I have read a thread and then click the back button to return to the forum listing it does not change the color of the thread that I have read (unless I actually refresh the page after going back). This of course makes it more difficult to see which threads I have read and those I have not.

Suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

This has always been the case for me.