PDA

View Full Version : For some reason, this hand kind of reminded Jeffage's hand

BeerMoney
06-08-2005, 06:07 PM
I felt really crummy calling this hand on 6th and seventh. No read on villain in this hand. Sorry.

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___completes
Seat 4: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (4.00 SB)

Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls

5th Street - (3.50 BB)

Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___folds
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets___calls

6th Street - (7.50 BB)

Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

River - (9.50 BB)

Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___bets

Total pot: (11.50 BB)

mscags
06-08-2005, 06:16 PM
I think it is an easy toss on sixth without a real read on the villian. Since you called though, I don't see how you can call on the river unless you are positive that he is a guy who will bet without having two pair.

vintage_sara
06-08-2005, 06:41 PM
If you are talking about the 30-60 hand that was discussed...These two hands couldn't be more different in my opinion. For starters, you are in a nearly full (7) ring game. He was in a three handed game. Second, the up cards of hero and villain were 4 and 5. Your callers have a j and 9 in the door, and saw you raise with a five in the door with a queen behind you still left to act, after they limped in.

Maybe you are thinking of a different hand...

Richard K.
06-08-2005, 07:37 PM
Well, I guess I play it the same way. 6th is a call - you probably have some outs (if he does not have the flush). 7th you don't like it but for the size of the pot - well, I guess I call - but, I am a pay off sucker /images/graemlins/grin.gif I don't know that the check-raise on fifth was necessary to get it heads-up but it was good to get it heads-up.

Richard K.

BeerMoney
06-08-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are talking about the 30-60 hand that was discussed...These two hands couldn't be more different in my opinion. For starters, you are in a nearly full (7) ring game. He was in a three handed game. Second, the up cards of hero and villain were 4 and 5. Your callers have a j and 9 in the door, and saw you raise with a five in the door with a queen behind you still left to act, after they limped in.

Maybe you are thinking of a different hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, i don't have the attention to detail you have, all i remember is thinking that jeff should have folded 6th or something, and that's how I felt in this hand too.

RayGarlington
06-09-2005, 08:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your callers have a j and 9 in the door, and saw you raise with a five in the door with a queen behind you still left to act, after they limped in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that it makes any difference with respect to the point you are making, but you are reading the action wrong. Actually, the Q folded first, he raised, then the j&9 called the raise.

Jeffage
06-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Our pots both had the exact same number of big bets (11.5) /images/graemlins/cool.gif. I don't know about the 5th street checkraise...it worked, but that could have been a quite deadly free card if it didn't. As long as he is the aggro type to bet his scary board, it's cool. I'd call the end too just incase he has queens only and missed the flush, but I wouldn't like it.

Jeff

vintage_sara
06-09-2005, 11:51 AM
Seriously? I guess I don't lnow how to read these hands but I still think the 4 brought it in the J and 9 limped he raised with a five in the door and the queen folded without putting anything in but the antes.

Roland
06-09-2005, 12:20 PM
No…the 4 brought it in, the Q folded, BeerMoney completed and 9 and Jack both called $5.
Look at the seats and try to imagine the table…seat 7 was in the bring-in, and there were no players in seats 8 and 1, so seat 2 is next to act. Pretty simple once you figure it out.

vintage_sara
06-09-2005, 12:38 PM
Thank you! I see it now. I have to really look at these better.

bygmesterf
06-09-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it is an easy toss on sixth without a real read on the villian. Since you called though, I don't see how you can call on the river unless you are positive that he is a guy who will bet without having two pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno, but I tend to start thinking about dumping this hand on 5th and would probably do it on sixth.

I think the checkraise of a possible flush on 5th is foolhardy, because if he has a flush, you are drawing nearly dead, and will lose two extra bets over just check calling.

Imho his worst hand hand is a pair + open flush, which will force you to dump on 6th ~25% of the time. A pair + flush is favored over your hand, and if you looked at the board on 3rd, hearts were resonably live so a flush/4flush is a possibilty.

6th, is a pretty obvious fold, His worst possible hand in QQJJ which you are about 3-1 against beating going into the last card, and if he has a flush draw thats an extra 7 counter-outs, and 4 more outs for the boat. If he has the flush made, you have 0 outs. When you sum up all the possibilites, I don't think you have the pot odds to call twice on this hand.