PDA

View Full Version : Overpair turn fold

JrJordan
06-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Getting fancy again, but I think in this case it might be okay.

MP is loose, but passive player. PFR is less than 10 and aggor numbers around 1. UTG is donk of the table. Loose and makes lots of random bets with draws, TP, or two cards that remind him of his mom. Has donkbetted before in a HU pot vs. me when I raised preflop and flop for a free card.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (9.20 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero folds...

After the preflop cap, I think there's a less than 50% chance I'm ahead vs. MP, so I decide to just call down instead of 3bet the flop. If the board had more draws I would raise to charge UTG for his draw.

spydog
06-08-2005, 05:49 PM
I'm 3-betting the flop and going from there. Why not make UTG pay for his 5 outer? Plus, 3-betting should clearly define MP's hand so that you can make a good fold on the turn instead of calling down.