PDA

View Full Version : How can those fish stay alive ?

Mig
06-08-2005, 05:10 PM
raise on the button. I have 66 on the BB I call. Flop comes 337 rainbow. He did cap the flop with AQ ... How can they survive with that kind of play ?

spydog
06-08-2005, 05:12 PM
AQ happens to be a pretty strong hand HU on a 337 board against a BB who just called. While a cap might be fairly aggressive, it is far from a fishy play.

Mig
06-08-2005, 05:14 PM
Is capping that flop with 66 fishy ?? Btw I got beaten again he caught a Queen on the river ... And BB capping it looks strong now that would mean he caught a part of the flop or had a pocket and wanted to see the flop ... Why keeping firing when BB capped the flop ? Really strange...

spydog
06-08-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is capping that flop with 66 fishy ?? Btw I got beaten again he caught a Queen on the river ... And BB capping it looks strong now that would mean he caught a part of the flop or had a pocket and wanted to see the flop ...

[/ QUOTE ]

A pocket pair or Ace high (especially with a good kicker) is a strong hand on a 337 board. How much action I would give on this flop is highly player dependent. Against a passive player I could fold to a 3-bet. Against an aggressive player I might be willing to 3-bet/cap.

FWIW, I would generally 3-bet this hand from the SB when facing a button steal-raise HU.

RunDownHouse
06-08-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Btw I got beaten again he caught a Queen on the river ...

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't believe I fell for the OP's setup.

Girchuck
06-08-2005, 05:20 PM
The opponent put you on a smaller ace and did not adjust his read.