PDA

View Full Version : call down or 3-bet?

chopchoi
06-08-2005, 05:07 PM
I open-raise in MP with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif. 1 player cold-calls, everyone else folds.

Flop 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I bet, my opponent calls.

Turn: T /images/graemlins/club.gif. I bet, my opponent raises.

Do I call down or 3-bet?

ClaytonN
06-08-2005, 05:08 PM
I threebet and call down if 4-bet
Yea, he could have a flush, but the board is so coordinated that his range of hands is wide enough to 3-bet.

Jaran
06-08-2005, 05:09 PM
HU, I'm in favor of calling down. If there were some others padding the pot, I would like a raise.

-Jaran

topspin
06-08-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I open-raise in MP with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif. 1 player cold-calls, everyone else folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
From the cutodff, I open-raise with 88. Button calls, blinds fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you really need to work on your table selection /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Flop 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I bet, my opponent calls.

Turn: T /images/graemlins/club.gif. I bet, my opponent raises.

Do I call down or 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I'm inclined to 3-bet since I think a wide range of hands raises you here -- a worse straight, T9 or JT for two pair, or a flush. Of those, you're behind only to a flush.

chopchoi
06-08-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
HU, I'm in favor of calling down. If there were some others padding the pot, I would like a raise.

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

But with more players in the pot, aren't you more worried that the flush is out?

Jaran
06-08-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

But with more players in the pot, aren't you more worried that the flush is out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. NO FEAR! I'm calling the turn because I want to raise the river unless a 4th /images/graemlins/club.gif falls.

-Jaran

ClaytonN
06-08-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not really. NO FEAR! I'm calling the turn because I want to raise the river unless a 4th /images/graemlins/club.gif falls.

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but this is retarded.

Jaran
06-08-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No offense, but this is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

None taken /images/graemlins/wink.gif. BTW, do you have a reason you don't like it? I'll post my thoughts after if you like.

-Jaran

kenberman
06-08-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

You're out of position, and your best chance to get an extra bet is right now. to raise the river, you have to either rely on your opponent to raise you, or bet after you check. not a good plan here at all.

this is an easy raise.

chopchoi
06-08-2005, 06:36 PM
Anyway, I'm a wuss, so I called down, and he had the flush.

McGahee
06-08-2005, 06:39 PM
I would normally call and lead the river. Is there a point to this, or am I just afraid to make a firm decision?

Edit: I guess it's pretty dumb, because I win the same when MHIG and lose an extra BB when it's not as opposed to check/call on the river.

ClaytonN
06-08-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
None taken /images/graemlins/wink.gif. BTW, do you have a reason you don't like it? I'll post my thoughts after if you like.

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

It costs you more when you're behind and less when you're ahead.

That said, you said you want to raise the river. Does this mean bet/raise the river or check/raise the river or bet out? Because you're first to act...

ClaytonN
06-08-2005, 06:48 PM
I've changed my mind.

If it was me, I call the turn raise and bet/fold the river.

shadow29
06-08-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've changed my mind.

If it was me, I call the turn raise and bet/fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that this is bad.

Jaran
06-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Got completely turned around on the op's position. I'm such a donk sometimes. I'm still not sure I like a raise here, because I don't know if I can find a fold against a cap.

-Jaran

ibankonu
06-09-2005, 01:54 AM
I 3-bet the turn, calling a 4-bet.

If I am 4-bet the turn, I check/call the river praying he doens't have the flush. If turn is not capped, I lead the river.

ClaytonN
06-09-2005, 02:18 AM
I've changed my mind again.

I have no idea. LOL.