PDA

View Full Version : Big LayDown?

BeerMoney
06-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Seat 8 here, villain, is BetBetWin, a reasonable player, IMO. Seat 1 is a player named "NewLook"?

As you all know, I make gutsy calls, not big laydowns, but is this routine?

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___completes
Seat 3: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls

4th Street - (6.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises

5th Street - (8.00 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___folds
Seat 3: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

6th Street - (11.00 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

River - (13.00 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___bets

Total pot: (15.00 BB)

vintage_sara
06-08-2005, 04:25 PM
No. Not a big laydown, the action dictates it. You raised in early position and have high cards behind you. You shouldn't be doing this with anything but Kings or aces. Your advantage against BetBetWin is you can toss your hand. Put it in reverse and my impression is she will not. She is no dummy but takes too many underpairs up against good players or even straight draws vs someone on an apparent flush draw. I am not impressed with her play but I think reasonable is a fair assessment.

mscags
06-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Looks like a good laydown to me. Your Kings are live but you really don't have any other draws going for you besides that. With the Ten pairing his doorcard I'm not so sure that Kings up is going to win this pot. Seat 8 most likely has hit his flush or possibly a straight or at least a pair of Aces with a flush/straight draw. I think this is a good fold, but I only play H/L so what do I know /images/graemlins/confused.gif

vintage_sara
06-08-2005, 04:34 PM
It's a good fold against BetBetWin. Not a good fold against Nulook if you are heads up and he pairs his door. I know that sounds suprising but if you played him you would understand. The guy can raise with (kq)3 rainbow coming in and bet it to the river.

mscags
06-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Understandable, I have no knowledge of the opponent so I was just going off of an average opponent I guess

Sean_Davis
06-08-2005, 04:41 PM
awesome lay down! two paired cards with a possible royal flush are no place for a pair of kings. way to save some bets!

vintage_sara
06-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Yes. If you saw how this guy played, you would move to stud hi in a minute.

lstream
06-08-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you saw how this guy played, you would move to stud hi in a minute

[/ QUOTE ]
lol - I guess the secret is out. A few of us who chat regularly were thinking of observing two minutes of silence when he disappeared, but then he magically returned /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Believe it or not, I was at a table a few nights ago with a guy who looked even more "talented"