PDA

View Full Version : AK .25/.50 uncertain after nothing flop

srm80
06-08-2005, 04:11 PM
this hand has been bothering me all day, and it wasn't a big hand, but still was irritating, so I ask for a little advice. I am at Bodog .25/.50 yesterday and the table is really loose, calling raises with what seems like any 2 cards and showing down at the end, usually winning and beating somebody with AK or KK. I get AK in MP and raise it to 5.00 and get one caller, a player who is playing 3 tables at once, and I have seen play at 3/6 NL tables. This player hasn't been at the table for more than 3 hands, but I know plays extremely loose at the lower levels. So he calls my 5.00 raise from the SB, the flop comes up complete rags, and the caller opens after the flop with a $5 bet. I am sitting there with my AK thinking this person could have anything, put me on exactly what I had and is trying to bully me out, or could have a small pocket pair or something. I folded, not wanting to get into it with a player so loose and willing to go all the way to the end with a marginal hand, and was left pondering about the hand all day. Did I make the right move? Did I bet too much pre-flop? Was I wrong to fold to the 5.00 bet after the flop when rags came out? Thanks for any advice

michaliv
06-08-2005, 04:22 PM
I think that was a very large bet preflop. I probably would have made it $1.50-$2.50. When you missed the flop and he bet into you, I don't think you could make the call. Sure he was probably bluffing at the pot, but he could have had a small pair too, which beats you. He is a loose player so any one of the cards could have hit him. I think it was a good fold.

amoeba
06-08-2005, 04:28 PM
at that point it was either fold or push.

swolfe
06-08-2005, 04:33 PM
whitespace please! blocks of text don't lend themselves to quick reading, so i skip all these kinds of posts /images/graemlins/grin.gif

srm80
06-08-2005, 04:55 PM
have to learn how to use the thingy to breakdown the hands