PDA

View Full Version : Value raise river?

Prof. Booty
06-08-2005, 03:44 PM
This is one of those marginal situations that I've been having trouble with. I'm in a terrible streak lately so I think I've been a little gunshy, missing some value bets and raises here and there. But still, this might be a thin value raise...like I said, my judgement has been off lately.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero...?

Didn't really know it at the time but Villian is pretty passive post-flop.

Dov
06-08-2005, 04:09 PM
I would just call this down.

Your kicker doesn't even play so you could be behind to a lot of hands.

It is bot inconceivable that SB was trying for a c/r on the turn.

I think a call is in order here, and just be glad that you won this pot.

Girchuck
06-08-2005, 04:10 PM
I don't see any value in this raise except for idiot fold equity when SB folds a small ace.
The busted draws fold, the J either bets the turn or doesn't bet the river, depending on whether SB is aggressive or passive. The 6 is now very scared by the ace and the flop raise.
However, the 8 would try for check-raise on the turn, and now it bets when ace comes because it wants to 3bet. This scenario outweighs any gains your raise may bring.

Prof. Booty
06-08-2005, 10:10 PM
Those were the conclusions I came to so I called. He had J9d - flush draw and turned Jacks.

deacsoft
06-08-2005, 10:21 PM
I call.