PDA

View Full Version : One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

tbach24
06-08-2005, 03:29 PM
I'm not done with it yet, but I'm very confused.

There are a bunch of tangents in the book where I have no clue what's going on. Mainly it's when it's just the narrarator thinking.

An example: When everyone's going to sleep and he doesn't take his pill so he stays up. All these weird things happen. What the hell is going on and why?

hoopsie44
06-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Read it too long ago to give you any help with the details. Just remember it being a great book. Bear in mind Ken Kesey was a dyed in the wool acid freak. May account for some of the tangents you mention.

tbach24
06-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Definetly a great book so far. I'm enjoying it, even the tangents although I'm very confused by them.

[ QUOTE ]
Bear in mind Ken Kesey was a dyed in the wool acid freak

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean?

hoopsie44
06-08-2005, 03:37 PM
He was a heavy LSD user.

youtalkfunny
06-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Damn young'uns.

LSD, dude.

When you're done with the book, find the movie. The author hated what they did to his book, but Jack Nicholson turns in one of the greatest performances in the history of Hollywood.

hoopsie44
06-08-2005, 03:46 PM
My favorite movie.

Dominic
06-08-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not done with it yet, but I'm very confused.

There are a bunch of tangents in the book where I have no clue what's going on. Mainly it's when it's just the narrarator thinking.

lets not forget that the narrator is freakin' CRAZY. His tangents don't necessarily have to make sense.
An example: When everyone's going to sleep and he doesn't take his pill so he stays up. All these weird things happen. What the hell is going on and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

tbach24
06-08-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lets not forget that the narrator is freakin' CRAZY. His tangents don't necessarily have to make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, but do they have much revelance to the rest of the book or present some deeper meaning that I'm missing?

thatpfunk
06-08-2005, 03:58 PM
It should make more sense as you read; remeber he is in an asylum for a reason.

When you're done, there are some very interesting things to mull over.